Martin D-28 Authentic 1941 Acoustic GuitarProduct #H92884 Martin H92884 ABA 6 String Acoustic Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Built the old-fashioned way to give you the genuine Martin look, feel, and sound that made people fall in love with Martins in the first place.
Talk about authenticity, Martin's Authentics Series guitars are constructed the old way - with hide glue, throughout, and historically-accurate detailing confirmed by using a CAT scan machine located at the Smithsonian Institute. Based on a 1941 D-28 in the Martin museum, this guitar features Madagascar rosewood back and sides, an Adirondack spruce top, and authentic 1941 D-28 appointments, right down to the neck barrel, heel, diamond, head taper, and slots. Includes case.
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped (Authentic Style) - Circa 1941 - Rear Shifted
- Top Braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Zig-Zag (Authentic)
- Side Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid in a Narrow 1941 Shape
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Bold Herringbone
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1941 Barrel & Heel
- Nut Material: Fossilized Ivory
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/1941 Taper
- Headplate: Solild Madagascar Rosewood
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Diamonds & Squares - Long Pattern golden Era - Circa 1941
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss with Aging Toner
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss with Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Polished Gloss w/Aging Toner
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Authentic Style Belly - Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Fossilized Ivory
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel 1129 w/Oval Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: Alternative Ivory w/Black Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 545V Harptone
If you want that old school Martin sound, this guitar is the real deal. Order yours today!