Martin D-18 Authentic 1939 Acoustic Guitar
6 String Acoustic Guitars
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A classic design and build to give you a classic Martin sound.
The new Authentics from Martin are constructed in the traditional Martin way - with hide glue throughout, and historically accurate detailing confirmed by using a CAT scan machine located at the Smithsonian Institute. Based on a 1939 D-18 in Martin's museum, this guitar features mahogany back and sides, an Adirondack spruce top, and uses an authentic circa 1939 bracing pattern. Period-correct "18" Authentic-style appointments, with an Authentic neck barrel and heel, complete this piece.
Comes with 545V Harptone case.
- Construction: Mahogany blocks/Dovetail neck joint - hide glue construction
- Body Size: D-14 fret
- Top: Solid Adirondack spruce
- Rosette: Old Style 18
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' scalloped (Authentic style) - circa 1939 rear-shifted
- Top Braces: Solid Adirondack spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid genuine mahogany
- Back Purfling: Madagascar rosewood (D28 pattern)
- Side Material: Solid genuine mahogany
- Endpiece: Tortoise color - brown (1939 shape)
- Endpiece Inlay: none
- Binding: Tortoise Color - Brown
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: none
- Neck Material: Solid genuine mahogany
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1939 barrel & heel
- Nut Material: Fossilized ivory
- Headstock: Solid/1939 taper
- Headplate: Solid Madagascar rosewood/Large Golden-era style
- Heelcap: Solid black ebony
- Fingerboard Material: Solid black ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Old Style 18 - 1939 (Abalone)
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished gloss with aging toner
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss with aging toner
- Finish Neck: Polished Gloss with aging Toner
- Bridge Material: Solid black ebony
- Bridge Style: Authentic-style belly - long saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' radius/long fossilized ivory
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel 4060 with Butterbean Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: Black
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise color
- Case: 545V Harptone
Want that authentic Authentic Martin feel and tone? Pick up one of Authentics today.