Martin D-18 1937 Acoustic GuitarProduct #513309 Martin 513309 ABA 6 String Acoustic Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
An authentic re-creation of the legendary 1937 masterpiece.
This special edition D-18 acoustic guitar is Martin's loving recreation of the original 1937 guitar, now a highly sought-after collector's item. Crafted with mahogany back and sides, a solid Adirondack top with the X-brace and scalloped braces of the period, hide glue, vintage toner on top, ebony bridge with long saddle (2-5/16" string spacing), and a tortoise pickguard. The neck is also formed exactly as the original and reinforced with a traditional non-adjustable T-bar.
Ebony fretboard (1-3/4" nut, 25.4" scale), small abalone position dots, fossil ivory nut and saddle, ebony bridge pins, 30's style hardshell case. The features and details add up to a true masterpiece of the luthier's art, with all the storied sound quality that graced the original pre-war guitar.
- CONSTRUCTION: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- TOP: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- ROSETTE: Old Style 18
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: D-OMLE Forward Shifted
- TOP BRACES: Solid Adirondack/Scalloped 5/16'' Circa 1937
- BACK MATERIAL: Solid Genuine Mahogany w/Original Braces
- BACK PURFLING: Brazilian Rosewood Strip
- SIDE MATERIAL: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- ENDPIECE: Tortoise Color in a Narrow 1937 Shape
- ENDPIECE INLAY: none
- BINDING: Black Boltaron
- TOP INLAY STYLE: Multiple Black / White
- SIDE INLAY: none
- BACK INLAY: none
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- NECK SHAPE: Unique Contour
- NUT MATERIAL:Fossilized Ivory
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/6 String No Diamond/Square Taper
- HEADPLATE: Solid Brazilian Rosewood /Large Golden Era Style
- HEELCAP:Solid Black Ebony
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/4''
- FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: Old Style 18 - Abalone Pearl
- FINGERBOARD BINDING: none
- FINISH BACK & SIDES: Polished Gloss w/Dark Mahogany Stain
- FINISH TOP: Polished Gloss Aging Toner
- FINISH NECK: Polished Gloss
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- BRIDGE STYLE: 1930 Style Belly- Long Saddle
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 5/16''
- SADDLE: Fossil Ivory
- TUNING MACHINES: Gotoh Nickel Open-Geared
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Martin M550 Phosphor Bronze
- BRIDGE & END PINS: Black Ebony
- PICKGUARD: Tortoise Color
- CASE: 30s Style Hardshell Case
- INTERIOR LABEL: none
- ELECTRONICS: not an option
- OTHER OPTIONS: Available left-handed at no additional charge
Own your own piece of guitar history. Order today.