Martin 15 Series D-15M Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
6 String Acoustic Guitars
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A perfect blend of vintage features and modern appointments.
The Martin D-15M acoustic guitar with a burst top. In its 175-year history, Martin has set more guitar design trends than can be counted. The company still embraces design techniques introduced many years ago to create their guitars' timeless tone.
Built on a dreadnought platform, the Martin D-15M guitar boasts 14 open frets for a unique design and great range of tone. The top, back, and sides are genuine solid mahogany, offering strong guitar tone, with crisp, clear subtleties in each note's definition. One of mahogany's finest qualities is its density. Although it's not the hardest tonewood, it is free of air pockets and other deformities.
The vintage sound produced by the Martin D-15M acoustic guitar is reminiscent of the Style 15 Martin guitars made popular during the 1940s. The Martin guitar is equipped with a simplified dovetail neck joint, offering the best wood binding practice ever conceived. Often used for shipbuilding, the process fuses two pieces of wood into a single, sturdy unit that stands up to the elements time and time again. The results are evident with the strength in tone and power in projection that you hear with each strum of this Martin acoustic guitar.
This Martin guitar's solid mahogany neck further complements the crisp, defined acoustic sound of this dreadnought. The bridge and fingerboard are solid East Indian rosewood, adding smooth sustain to the mix. The 14 open frets, 1-11/16" nut width, 2-1/8" bridge string spacing, and 16" radius add comfort for your intricate fingerboard movements.
Other appointments include a single-ring rosette, bone nut, solid/square taper headstock, solid East Indian rosewood headplate, diamonds and square fingerboard inlay, belly-style bridge, nickel open-geared tuning machines with butterbean knobs, and a solid black ebony bridge and end pins. Dressed in a soft satin finish and featuring a Delmar tortoise color pickguard, the Martin D-15M guitar glows with classic vintage looks and sound.
Includes a Martin 345 hardshell guitar case.
- Model: D-15M
- Construction: Simplified dovetail neck joint
- Body size: D-14 fret
- Top: solid genuine mahogany
- Rosette: single ring
- Top bracing pattern: A-frame ''X''
- Top braces: solid sitka spruce 5/16''
- Back and sides: solid genuine mahogany
- Neck: solid genuine mahogany
- Neck shape: modified low oval
- Nut material: bone
- Headstock: solid/square taper
- Headplate: solid East Indian rosewood
- Fingerboard material: solid East Indian rosewood
- Scale length: 25.4''
- Number of frets clear: 14
- Number of frets total: 20
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard width at 12th fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard position inlays: diamonds & squares - short pattern
- Finish: satin
- Bridge material: solid East Indian rosewood
- Bridge style: belly
- Bridge string spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' radius/compensated/bone
- Tuning machines: nickel open-geared with butterbean knobs
- Recommended strings: Martin Studio Performance Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP4200)
- Bridge & end pins: solid black ebony
- Pickguard: delmar tortoise color
- Case: 345 hardshell
Exceptional Martin tone and quality is just a click or call away. Order today!