The look and feel of vintage Martin for those on a budget
The Martin Marquis 000-18 Sunburst Acoustic Guitar is a more affordable vintage Martin recreation of the Golden Era 1937 original. Marquis guitars feature Golden Era appointments but utilize East Indian rosewood backs, sides, and headplates. Also boasts Adirondack spruce and modern improvements such as adjustable truss rods and modified v-shape necks. Includes case.
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
- CONSTRUCTION: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: 000-14 Fret
- TOP: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- ROSETTE: Old Style 18
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: 000-18 Golden Era
- TOP BRACES: Solid Adirondack Spruce/ Scalloped 1/4'' Golden Era
- BACK MATERIAL: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- BACK PURFLING: Brazilian Rosewood Strip
- SIDE MATERIAL: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- ENDPIECE: Tortoise Color
- ENDPIECE INLAY: none
- BINDING: Tortoise Color
- TOP INLAY STYLE: Multiple Black / White
- SIDE INLAY: none
- BACK INLAY: none
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- NECK SHAPE: Modified V With 30's Style Heel
- NUT MATERIAL: Fossilized Ivory
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/6 String No Diamond/Square Taper
- HEADPLATE: Brazilian Rosewood /Golden Era Style Logo
- HEELCAP: Solid Black Ebony
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 24.9
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/4''
- FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: Old Style 18 - Abalone Pearl
- FINGERBOARD BINDING: none
- FINISH BACK & SIDES: Polished Gloss/ Dark Mahogany Stain
- FINISH TOP: Polished Gloss 1935 Sunburst
- FINISH NECK: Satin
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- BRIDGE STYLE: 1930 Style Belly- Long Saddle
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 5/16''
- SADDLE: 16'' Radius/Long Fossil Ivory
- TUNING MACHINES: Gotoh Nickel Open-Geared
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Martin MSP 4100 Light Phosphor Bronze
- BRIDGE & END PINS: Black Ebony
- PICKGUARD: Cellulose Nitrate in Tortoise Color
- Includes Case: 533E Geib style
- INTERIOR LABEL: Paper Label Signed By CFM IV
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Martin 000-18 Golden Era 1937 Sunburst Acoustic Guitar:
I shopped many, many guitars before the Martin 000-18 Golden Era sunburst. Besides an excellently tuned scale, it has one BEAUTIFUL voice-- not bright and brassy, but rich and luscious. The instrument is handsome and well crafted. The tortoise binding is especially attractive. But it's the sound of this guitar that makes me so glad I own it.