A World War II-era guitar style reincarnated for the 21st century.
The Martin 00-28VS recreates a pre-World War II acoustic guitar that features a solid Sitka spruce top, solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, and a select hardwood modified V-shaped neck. The OO-28VS guitar's appointments include black and white boltaron endpiece and back inlays, zig-zag back purfling, a grained ivoroid heelcap, and diamond and square fingerboard position inlays. This comfortable Martin guitar produces a remarkably rich depth of tone, with clear trebles that are not overshadowed by the bass notes. Includes case.
- Solid Sitka spruce top
- Solid East Indian rosewood back and sides
- Comfortable body style
- Model: 00-28VS
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 00-12 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 1/4''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: HD Zig-Zag
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Fine Herringbone
- Side Inlay: None
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified V
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Slotted/Square Slots/Diamond/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 24.9''
- # Of Frets Clear: 12
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-7/8''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-5/16''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Diamond & Squares - Short Pattern
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss With Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Pyramid With Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Long Bone
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel Side Mounts With Butterbean Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Light Phosphor Bronze (MSP4100)
- Bridge & End Pins: White With Black Dots
- Pickguard: None
- Includes case: 525 Geib Style
Sweet tone and superb craftsmanship set this guitar in a league of its own — order this re-creation of a classic today.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Martin 00-28VS Acoustic Guitar:
The Martin 00-28VS is my favorite stringed instrument. It is the best guitar I've ever played. If you appreciate the sound, vibration, and look of acoustic guitars, this is one guitar you should take for a joy ride! Positives: The 00-28VS looks and feels like a vintage instrument. From the thick head-stock to the 12 fret neck, from the pyramid-shaped bridge ends to the lack of pick-guard this is a vintage piece. The fretboard is wide--wider than the dreadnaught necks, wider than most guitars I've played. This allows for easier string isolation in any type of picking style you use. The sound is breathtaking. Each note is separate yet part of a whole chord sound. I've never heard each individual string as clearly as I do on the 00-28VS. I cannot put this guitar down. Playing a D-42 afterwards is Nearly a disappointment. Negatives: The 00-28VS is too plain for me. Anything that sounds so fine should look just as beautiful. I'm thinking of sending it to Nazareth for a custom job--you know, the CF Martin block logo of the 45 style; MOP binding on the body; bound fretboard; etc., etc., etc. If I could only keep one stringed instrument, the 00-28VS would be it....or maybe an 00-45VS......