Martin 00-18 Tim O'Brien Acoustic GuitarProduct #520073 Martin 520073 ABA 6 String Acoustic Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
A limited edition Martin with heart.
The Martin Limited Edition 00-18 Tim O'Brien Acoustic Guitar is based in tradition, but incorporates some features not previously found in the Martin line. Tim had some specific ideas about what he wanted in a signature guitar model. He chose the "00" body and the "18" styling, which on his model includes solid mahogany for the sides and back and Adirondack spruce for the top.
This 00-18 guitar's top is supported with scalloped 1/4" Adirondack braces and tone bars and a maple bridge plate. The thin bracing and the stiffness of the Adirondack spruce produces a clear bell-like tone with volume suitable for both fingerpicking and flatpicking. The guitar's soundhole is adorned with a simple vintage-style Martin 18 rosette. However the black, center ring have been replaced by an elegantly thin strip of select abalone pearl.
A beveled, polished tortoise-style pickguard protects the Martin Tim O'Brien guitar's top below the strings. The top and back are bound in black Boltaron and the center back strip of Madagascar rosewood matches the headplate overlay displaying the historic golden era-style Martin decal.
In a show of support for the use of alternative woods, Tim chose solid Spanish cedar for the full-thickness "V" neck, attached to the body with the traditional dove-tailed neck joint. The ebony fingerboard features Martin's pocketed fret slots, G300 fret wire, and is dressed out with a diamonds and squares inlay pattern of select abalone pearl.
The neck width at the nut is 1-3/4". Nut and saddle are bone. A unique feature of the Martin 00-18 Tim O'Brien guitar is its 25-1/2" scale length, which is typically reserved for dreadnoughts and orchestra models. This feature adds to the power and volume of this specially designed acoustic guitar. The Tim O'Brien guitar is detailed with a highly polished nitrocellulose finish and comes in a Geib-style deluxe case.
The interior label of the Martin 00-18 Tim O'Brien Limited Edition Acoustic Guitar will be personally signed by O'Brien.
Mahogany and Adirondack spruce provide the springboard for amazing tone. Order yours today!
00-18 Tim O'Brien Acoustic Guitar Specifications:
- Model: 00-18 Tim O'Brien
- Label: Personally Signed By Tim Obrien, Numbered In Sequence Without Total.
- Construction: Standard; Mahogany Blocks, Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 00-14 Fret
- Top: Adirondack Spruce
- Top Braces: Adirondack, Scalloped 1/4'', Standard
- Pattern: 00-14 Fret 12A (25.4'' Scale Version)
- Bridge Plate: Maple
- Top Binding: 5/32'' Black Boltaron
- Top Inlay: .070'' B/W/B/W/B Boltaron
- Rosette: Triple Ring, First Cut 3.938''
- Pearl Inlay: .047'' Select Abalone, 5 Piece
- Additional Rosette Inlay: .049'' B/W/B Boltaron On Each Side Of .050'' Poly, Single Black Boltaron Inner & Outer Ring
- Pickguard: Delmar #3071 Self Adhesive Tortoise, Pattern 13B (00-18 Style)
- Back: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Purfling: 1/32'' Madagascar Rosewood Strip
- Back Binding: 5/32'' Black Boltaron
- Sides: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Endpiece: Black Boltaron
- Neck: Solid Spanish Cedar, 12/4