Kay Vintage Reissue Guitars Thin Twin Electric GuitarProduct #528022 Kay Vintage Reissue Guitars 528022 AAH Semi-Hollow and Hollow Body Electric Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Re-create the sounds of the early rock and blues masters with this reissue.
The K161 Kay Thin Twin electric guitar was originally introduced in 1952 and was known as the "Jimmy Reed" or "Howlin' Wolf" model. T-Bone Burnett played a Thin Twin to back up Robert Plant and Allison Krause at the 2009 Grammy Awards. The Thin Twin was the first guitar able to create that unique blues sound from the special Kay interior bracing that made the instrument a favorite among blues players as well as rockers of the '50s and '60s.
The Thin Twin got its name from its two blade pickups, known for their distinctive clean, sharp, sustaining sound. The Thin Twin's hollowbody chamber parallel bracing produces that gutsy, bluesy, raw sound, creating a clean natural distortion without feedback. Includes case.
- Includes case
The Thin Twin guitar has the gutsy tone you've been looking for—order now.
Thin Twin Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Body: Single-cutaway, tone-chambered, hollowbody acoustic with special feedback-resistant bracing.
- Back: Parabolic arched maple
- Sides: Maple
- Top: 3-ply flamed maple
- Purfling: Multi-ply checkerboard celluloid binding
- Neck: Set one-piece, straight-grained Canadian maple with single-ply binding
- Frets: 20 medium nickel-silver
- Inlays: 6 block pearloid
- Fingerboard: 26" scale rosewood fingerboard with 12" radius
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-style, 3 per side
- Bridge and Tailpiece: Chrome individual saddle-style mounted bridge with height adjustment thumbwheels and chrome trapeze tailpiece
- Top Nut: Bone
- Headstock: Original gold chevron displaying 3-D raised "Kel-von-a-tor" style emblem
- Finish Coat: High-gloss polyester protective polymer
- Pickups: 2 chrome Thin Twin single-coil Blade pickups
- Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way bat-style toggle selector
- Output jack: Side-mounted
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Kay Vintage Reissue Guitars Thin Twin Electric Guitar:
I purchased this on a whim because it looks cool and I am a Jimmy Reed fan. Mine is blonde and very flashy. Just like the old Kays it is not 100% perfect. The tuners seem a little cheap, the pickguard does not lay flat and the knobs are chessy. That being said I still like it. It plays much better than any vintage Kay I have every played. It should because this has an adjustable truss rod and a modern bridge. The pickups are hot snigle coils. Very easy to get an overdriven blues tone. It comes with one of the nicest cases I ahve seen in a while. Very retro with a red felt interior. It protects very well. A very unique instrument.