Kay Vintage Reissue Guitars Jazz II Electric GuitarProduct #423945 Kay Vintage Reissue Guitars 423945 AAH Semi-Hollow and Hollow Body Electric Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
A reissue of one of the most famous, revered, and collected of the Kay electric guitars.
Originally on the cutting edge of electric guitar design, the Jazz II is an extremely versatile instrument for stage and studio, with the ability to deliver a range of sounds from warm jazz to shredding heavy metal. The Jazz II double-cutaway electric guitar has a 15-inch wide thin hollow body with a rosewood fingerboard with shark fin inlays, Grover tuners, Bigsby Style Tremolo and two single coil pickups. This edition was developed and created by known luthier Roger Fritz.
Among the most notable of artists in the early '60s was 17 year old Eric Clapton who used the Kay Jazz II with his first band "The Roosters". Striking beauty, tone, and playability make this guitar an overall winner in any style of music and provides a vintage chic that will continue to wow the crowd.
The Kay Guitar Company has always been the major producer of guitars since 1890. Most players may not know that, in 1928, Kay was the first company to start production of electric guitars in the USA. From 1952 through 1964, The Kay Guitar Company excelled at producing quality professional electric guitars with unique designs and features. Includes case.
- Model Number: K775
- Model name: Jazz II
- Style: double-cutaway thinline hollow body electric guitar
- Scale length: 26"
- Finish: high gloss protective polyester polymer
- Colors: black (K775BK), natural blonde (K775B), sunburst (K775S)
- Top: 3-ply arched curly maple
- Back: maple
- Binding: multi-ply black and white celluloid
- Headstock: Original gold "K" chevron displaying the 3-D raised "Kel-von-ator" style emblem. Truss rod cover has Roger Fritz signature.
- Neck: maple
- Neck shape: soft "C"
- Neck joint: dovetail
- Nut width: 1-11/16" bone
- Fingerboard: rosewood
- Fingerboard radius: 12"
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: shark fin
- Hardware: chrome
- Tuners: Grover Rotomatics
- Pickups: two "Kleenex Box" Gold K single-coil with adjustable pole pieces
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, and 3-way switch
- Bridge: fixed roller
- Tailpiece: Bigsby Vibrato
- Case: vintage arched top wood hardshell