Guild F40 Valencia Acoustic-Electric Guitar with D-TAR Pickup System Natural 886830476648Product #513332 Guild 513332 https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
Unusually dynamic and powerful electronics.
The Guild F40 Valencia guitar has the D-TAR Wave-Length Pickup and Preamp System that combines a thin, piezo under-saddle transducer with an 18v, low-noise, high input impedance preamp, to create a system with twice the dynamic range of typical 9v systems. The 18v preamp is powered by two "AA" batteries and a voltage converter. With 18 volts, the signal has more headroom, so hard strumming won't distort as easily. The acoustic guitar's preamp also has an input for a second source, like a magnetic pickup or a soundboard transducer.
Two adjustable trim pots, one for low frequency shelving and one for high frequency shelving, allow you to fine tune and "set and forget" the bass and treble frequencies to optimize the Wave-Length for your instrument's size and shape; enabling you to transparently amplify the natural timbre of your acoustic guitar with minimal coloration. The soundhole mounted Volume and Tone controls give the ultimate in final control over your tonal palette.
But perhaps the coolest part of the system is D-TAR's new Load 'N Lock system, which allows quick and easy "AA" battery changes. Just unscrew the endpin "collar," remove the old batteries, and pop in the new ones. A quarter turn of the collar is all you need to lock them in place.
- Model Name: F-40 Valencia
- Model Number: 380-6600
- Category: Traditional Series
- Body Style: Grand Orchestra
- Top: Solid Red Spruce
- Bracing: Guild Scalloped Red Spruce
- Back: Solid Mahogany
- Sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Neck: Three-Piece Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood (12" Radius)
- Width at Nut: 1-11/16"
- No. of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Machine Heads: Gotoh 500 Series Open-Back Tuners
- Pickups: D-TAR Wave-Length Pickup and Preamp System with Load 'N Lock Battery Access
- Controls: Volume and Tone Controls Surface Mounted Inside the Soundhole,
- Two Adjustable Trim Pots in the Preamp, One Low Frequency Shelving and One High Frequency Shelving
- Finish: High Gloss (Nitrocellulose Lacquer)
- Lower Bout: 16"
- Neck Joint: Dovetail
- Top Brace: Red Spruce Scalloped
- Bridge Pins: Bone
- Pickguard: Tortoise Shell
- Binding: Tortoise Shell
- Nut: Bone
- Saddle: Bone
- Position Inlay: Mother-Of-Pearl Dot
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Strings: Replace with Guild L350 Phosphor Bronze, p/n 3500350000, Gauges .012, .016, .025, .032, .042, .053
- Introduced: 1/2007
Unleash bold, bright tone with the F40! Order today.