Guild F-512 Acoustic-Electric Guitar with DTAR Multi-Source Pickup System
6 String Acoustic Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
12-string Jumbo size, solid sitka spruce top, solid rosewood back and sides, and a multi-source pickup system.
Guild twelve string guitars have set the standard by which all others are judged. The F-512 Acoustic-Electric Guitar with DTAR-MS continues the Guild twelve string legacy, matching a tight grain Sitka spruce top with Indian rosewood back and sides to produce shimmering highs, singing mids, and a warm, focused bass response that truly sets it apart.
With elegant cosmetic appointments, premium specifications and exceptional playability not commonly associated with twelve string guitars, the F-512 is one of the finest twelve string guitars available today. This model is equiped with the D-Tar Wave-Length Multi-Source pickup system for precise amplified sound reproduction.
D-Tar Wave-Length pickup and preamp system
The new Multi-Source combines the popular Wave-Length pickup system with a condenser microphone for versatility, flexibility and, of course, the most natural sound possible from your acoustic guitar.
The Multi-Source starts with the Wave-Length unitary design, piezoelectric co-polymer under-saddle pickup coupled to an 18-volt, low-noise, high-input impedance preamp with twice the dynamic range of typical 9-volt systems. The 18-volt preamp is powered by two "AA" batteries. With 18 volts, your signal has more headroom so hard strumming or plucking won't distort into piezo "quack" as easily.
With the addition of the highly-efficient miniature, omni-directional electret condenser microphone, you can amplify your acoustic guitar with startling clarity and accuracy. The mic is nestled in a special absorptive visco-elastic polymer shock mount for optimal isolation. Two low-profile knobs allow for master volume and microphone volume. Dial the microphone in to add just the right amount of "air"; dial it out to control feedback, if necessary. The microphone channel has two stages of low frequency roll-off to combat any tendency towards low frequency feedback. Also, full coverage copper shielding on the pickup insures immunity to external noise fields. This system is quiet.
- Category: Traditional Series
- Body Style: Jumbo 12-String
- Top: Solid Aaa Sitka Spruce
- Bracing: Scalloped Red Spruce
- Back: Solid Rosewood Back
- Sides: Solid Rosewood Sides
- Scale Length: 25.625" (65.09 Cm)
- Neck: 3-Piece Mahogany/Walnut/Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" Radius (305 Mm)
- No. Of Frets: 20
- Position Inlays: Natural Mother-of-Pearl and Abalone Position Inlays
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.8125" (46 Mm)
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle: Bone Saddle
- Bridge Pins: Bone Bridge Pins
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer Body Finish
- Neck Finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Hardware: Gold
- Machine Heads: Custom Gotoh Open-Back 12-String Tuners
- Strings: D'addario Exp 38 Coated Phosphor Bronze 12-String, (.010-.047 Gauges)
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Pickups: D-Tar Multi-Source System
- Ebony Headcap with Pearl logo
- Dovetail Neck Joint with Slim Heel
- Lightweight Laminated Birch Tail-Block
- 30' Radius Top
- Red Spruce Scalloped Braced Top
- Bone Bridge Pins
- White Neck
- Headstock and Body Bindings with Multi-Laminate Purfling
- Bone Nut and Saddle
- Natural Mother-of-Pearl and Abalone Block Position Inlays
- Tortoise Shell Pickguard
- Dual-Action Truss Rod
Reviewed by 1 customer