Guild F-40 Valencia Acoustic-Electric Guitar with DTAR Multi-Source Pickup SystemProduct #H70354 Guild H70354 https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Grand orchestra size, solid red spruce top, solid mahogany back and sides, and a multi-source pickup system.
The F-40 Valencia has a Guild original grand orchestra-style body based on the 1954 version, with a 16" lower bout and slightly narrow upper bout for a unique tone with lots of depth. The scalloped braced red spruce top and mahogany body produces a dynamic range of tones, from warm and intimate to punchy and aggressive. This Guild F-40 Acoustic-Electric Guitar is equipped with the D-Tar Wave-Length Multi-Source pickup system for precise amplified sound reproduction.
D-Tar Wave-Length pickup and preamp system
The new Multi-Source combines the popular Wave-Length pickup system with a condenser microphone for versatility, flexibility and, of course, the most natural sound possible from your acoustic guitar.
The Multi-Source starts with the Wave-Length unitary design, piezoelectric co-polymer under-saddle pickup coupled to an 18-volt, low-noise, high-input impedance preamp with twice the dynamic range of typical 9-volt systems. The 18-volt preamp is powered by two "AA" batteries. With 18 volts, your signal has more headroom so hard strumming or plucking won't distort into piezo "quack" as easily.
With the addition of the highly-efficient miniature, omni-directional electret condenser microphone, you can amplify your acoustic guitar with startling clarity and accuracy. The mic is nestled in a special absorptive visco-elastic polymer shock mount for optimal isolation. Two low-profile knobs allow for master volume and microphone volume. Dial the microphone in to add just the right amount of "air"; dial it out to control feedback, if necessary. The microphone channel has two stages of low frequency roll-off to combat any tendency towards low frequency feedback. Also, full coverage copper shielding on the pickup insures immunity to external noise fields. This system is quiet.
- Category: Traditional Series
- Body Style: Grand Orchestra
- Top: Solid Red Spruce
- Bracing: Scalloped Red Spruce
- Back: Solid Mahogany
- Sides: Solid Mahogany
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 Cm)
- Neck: 3-Piece Mahogany/Walnut/Mahogany
- Fretboard: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" Radius (305 Mm)
- No. of Frets: 20
- Position Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Dot Position Inlays
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 Mm)
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle: Bone Saddle
- Bridge Pins: Bone Bridge Pins
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Gotoh Se700 Series Open Back
- Strings: D'addario Exp 16 Coated Phosphor Bronze (.012-.053 Gauges)
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Pickups: D-Tar Multi-Source System
- Dovetail Neck Joint
- Red Spruce Scalloped Braced Top
- Bone Bridge Pins
- Tortoise Shell Pickguard
- Tortoise Shell Bindings
- Bone Nut and Saddle
Enjoy great acoustic sound whether you're plugged in or not. Order today.