- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
A dreadnought that produces powerful sound with exceptional warmth and complexity.
The Guild D-50CE Standard is a rosewood dreadnought cutaway with refined features that make for a player-centric instrument with premium sound quality.
The D-50CE features a solid Sitka Spruce top with Red Spruce bracing and solid Indian Rosewood back & sides for a rich, powerful sound with exceptional warmth and complexity.
The onboard 18-volt D-TAR Wave-Length pickup system provides a transparent and natural sound with enhanced dynamic range and headroom for exceptional amplified performance.
Other refined features such as a satin finished Mahogany neck with slim profile, ivoroid body binding and bone nut, saddle, and bridge pins round out the package to create a truly fine instrument.
D-TAR Wave-Length pickup system
The Wave-Length combines a thin, piezo under-saddle transducer with an 18v, low-noise, high input impedance preamp, to create a system with twice the dynamic range of typical 9v systems. The 18v preamp is powered by two "AA" batteries. With 18 volts, your signal has more headroom, so hard strumming won't distort as easily. The preamp has an input for a second source, like a magnetic pickup or a soundboard transducer.
Two adjustable trim pots, one low frequency shelving and one high frequency shelving, allow you to fine tune and "set and forget" the bass and treble frequencies to optimize the Wave-Length for your instrument's size and shape; enabling you transparently to amplify the natural timbre of your acoustic guitar with minimal coloration.
- Category: Standard
- Body Style: Dreadnought
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Bracing: Scalloped Red Spruce
- Back: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Sides: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Scale Length: 25.625" (65.09 Cm)
- Neck: Rosewood
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" Radius (305 Mm)
- No. of Frets: 20
- Position Inlays: Pearl Dot Inlays
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 Mm)
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle: Bone Saddle
- Bridge Pins: Bone Bridge Pins
- Body Finish: High Gloss Lacquer
- Neck Finish: Satin Lacquer
- Hardware: Chrome
- Machine Heads: Gotoh Die-Cast
- Strings: D'addario Exp 17 Coated Phosphor Bronze, (.013-.056 Gauges)
- Pickups: D-Tar Wave-Length End Pin Mounted Preamp W/ Volume & Tone Module
Make this powerful guitar yours to keep. Order today.