Guild D-50 Bluegrass Special Acoustic-Electric Guitar with DTAR Multi-Source Pickup SystemProduct #H70356 Guild H70356 ACA 6 String Acoustic-Electric Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Dreadnought size, solid red spruce top, solid rosewood back and sides, and a multi-source pickup system.
First introduced in 1963, the Guild D-50 Bluegrass Special was designed for pure performance. Traditional vintage elements such as a red spruce top with scalloped red spruce braces, and an Indian rosewood body combine to produce a bold, deeply resonant playing experience.
With exceptional string-to-string balance, excellent playability, and powerful projection the D-50 Bluegrass Special is a versatile and well rounded instrument that is well suited for a variety of different playing styles. This D-50 Bluegrass Special Acoustic-Electric Guitar is equipped with the D-Tar Wave-Length Multi-Source pickup system for precise amplified sound reproduction.
D-Tar Wave-Length pickup and preamp system
The new Multi-Source combines the popular Wave-Length pickup system with a condenser microphone for versatility, flexibility and, of course, the most natural sound possible from your acoustic guitar.
The Multi-Source starts with the Wave-Length unitary design, piezoelectric co-polymer under-saddle pickup coupled to an 18-volt, low-noise, high-input impedance preamp with twice the dynamic range of typical 9-volt systems. The 18-volt preamp is powered by two "AA" batteries. With 18 volts, your signal has more headroom so hard strumming or plucking won't distort into piezo "quack" as easily.
With the addition of the highly-efficient miniature, omni-directional electret condenser microphone, you can amplify your acoustic guitar with startling clarity and accuracy. The mic is nestled in a special absorptive visco-elastic polymer shock mount for optimal isolation. Two low-profile knobs allow for master volume and microphone volume. Dial the microphone in to add just the right amount of "air"; dial it out to control feedback, if necessary. The microphone channel has two stages of low frequency roll-off to combat any tendency towards low frequency feedback. Also, full coverage copper shielding on the pickup insures immunity to external noise fields. This system is quiet.
- Category: Traditional Series
- Body Style: Dreadnought
- Top: Solid Red Spruce
- Bracing: Scalloped Red Spruce
- Back: Solid Rosewood Back
- Sides: Solid Rosewood Sides
- Scale Length: 25.625" (65.09 Cm)
- Neck: 3-Piece Mahogany/Walnut/Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" Radius (305 Mm)
- No. of Frets: 20
- Position Inlays: Pearl Dot Inlays
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.69" (43 Mm)
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle: Bone Saddle
- Bridge Pins: Bone Bridge Pins
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Hardware: Chrome
- Machine Heads: Gotoh 700 Series Nickel-Plated Open-Back Tuners
- Strings: D'addario Exp 17 Coated Phosphor Bronze, (.013-.056 Gauges)
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Pickups: D-Tar Multi-Source System
- Ebony Headcap
- Dovetail Neck Joint with Slim Heel
- Lightweight Laminated Birch Tail-Block
- 30' Radius Top
- Red Spruce Scalloped Braced Top
- Pearl Dot Position Inlays
- Bone Bridge Pins
- Bone Nut and Saddle
- Tortoise Shell Bindings
- Classic Guild Rosette with Tortoise Shell Stripe
- Tortoise Shell Pickguard
Enjoy great acoustic sound whether you're plugged in or not. Order today.