Gretsch Guitars G6128T George Harrison Duo Jet Electric Guitar
Solid Body Electric Guitars
- Write a Review
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
A splendid re-creation of the guitar that helped create a new generation of rockers.
Gretsch celebrates the legacy of George Harrison with the G6128T-GH George Harrison Signature Duo Jet® guitar, modeled on the instrument that the legendary guitarist often referred to as his “first real decent guitar.”
Features include distinctive appointments and modifications found on Harrison’s original 1957 Gretsch Duo Jet, which he purchased secondhand in the very early 1960s. These include a lightweight mid-’50s-style chambered body, all-black color scheme (arched maple top, mahogany back and sides, and back of the one-piece mahogany neck), Bigsby® B3C tailpiece with a black Phillips head tremolo arm pivot bolt, and an offset strap button on lower bout. Other features include three-ply body binding (white-black-white), single-ply white neck and headstock binding, 22-fret rosewood fingerboard with 12” radius and hump-block pearloid inlays, two single-coil DynaSonic™ pickups, vintage-style “rocking bar” bridge with rosewood base, silver plexi pickguard, chrome-plated Grover® V98CM Sta-Tite™ tuners, Gretsch “G” arrow control knobs, chrome-plated hardware, Harrison’s signature on the truss rod cover and a premium tweed case.
- Body Shape: Jet™
- Body Style: Semi-Hollow Body
- Body Top: 3-Ply Arched Laminated Maple
- Back and Sides: Semi-Hollow Chambered Mahogany
- Body Width: 13.37" (33.96 cm)
- Body Depth: 2" (50.8 mm)
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck: 1-Piece Mahogany
- Neck Binding: White, 1-Ply
- Frets: 22, Standard
- Headstock Binding: White, 1-Ply
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Hump-Block Inlays
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Finger Board Radius: 12" Radius (305 mm)
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 mm)
- Scale Length: 24.6" (62.5 cm)
- Pickups: 2 DynaSonic™ Single-Coil
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master
- Volume, Master Tone
- Bridge: "Rocking" Bar Bridge with Rosewood Base
- Hardware: Chrome-Plated
- Tuning Keys: Grover® V98CM Sta-Tite™ Die-cast Tuners
- Strings: D'Addario® XL110 Regular Light, NPS (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Accessories: G6276 Premium Tweed Case
Order this "real decent guitar" today.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Gretsch Guitars G6128T George Harrison Duo Jet Electric Guitar:
I just receive the the Gretsch last week and when I went to play it the guitar was never set up or look at. That is the first guitar i ever receive in that bad condition, and some scuff marks on it for this guitar, at this price, should have been in top condition and one heck of a nice set up.
I took it to my local dealer that does the work on my guitar and I got it back today, and it plays so nice now and the action is little hard to get uses to when playing a lot of differant guitars. It is a very nice guitar and plays well and should last as long as G.H. Duo Jet did. I do think this guitar is over price. But it's what you want and I like the guitar alot and it light and comes with a great case. If you want it...BUY IT....Only Money.