Gretsch Guitars G6040MCSS Synchromatic Cutaway Acoustic-Electric GuitarProduct #514592 Gretsch Guitars 514592 ABA 6 String Acoustic Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
A guitar legend reborn with a pickup for plug-and-play amplified performances.
This Gretch Synchromatic Guitar is a customized version of the original 400C Synchromatic with the addition of a single "High Sensitive" Filter'Tron pickup in the neck position. With its select curly maple body and fine-grained spruce top- the G6040MCSS Synchromatic Cutaway revitalizes musical history. The edges of the body, fingerboard, headstock and pickguard are fully bound in extra wide black and ivory celluloid. Other fittings include the easy-playing, oval rosewood fingerboard with extra-broad nickel silver frets, Chromatic tailpiece and Synchronized bridge. Includes case.
- Body Style: Single Cutaway Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648mm)
- Top: Fine Grained Solid Spruce
- Bracing: Tone-Bar
- Back And Sides: Laminated Flame Maple Body, 17" Wide, 3.5" Deep
- Neck: 3-Piece Maple
- Pickups: 1 High Sensitive FilterTron Pickups
- Pickup Switching: None
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Width At Nut: 1-11/16" (43mm)
- Fretboard: Ebony, 12" Radius (305mm)
- Bridge: Compensated Rosewood Synchromatic Bridge
- Tailpiece: Chromatic Tail-piece
- Hardware: Gold-Plated
- Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Frets: 20 Extra Broad Frets
- Machine Heads: Grover ImperialTM Gold-Plated Die-cast Tuners
- Unique Features: Inlaid Pearloid Split Hump Block Position Markers, Black Headstock Overlay, Pearloid Headstock Inlay, Bound Fingerboard, Multiple Body Bindings, "Cats-Eye" Sound-Holes, Bound Tortoise Shell Streamlined Pickguard, Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs, Adjustable Truss Rod
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Gretsch Guitars G6040MCSS Synchromatic Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar:
After years of investigating many styles, mainly on flat top type guitars, I've been wanting to try blues and jazz on an arch top. The initial appeal for this guitar for me is the solid, which means carved, arch top. I also do fiddling so I know the tonal value of a good top. Although Gibson and Hofner appear to have it, the price is a little steep for me. So when I saw this guitar, I bookmarked it. Then Music 123 offered one as "used," but in "mint" condition. Well, I agree--it is mint. I had to lower the action, which is easy to do with the adjustable compensated bridge. And I still have a problem with the position of the tune/volume knobs (they are where I want to put my hand). But the voice is extraordinary! I'm willing to work around the obstacles. Everything else about this guitar is top notch and exquisite. I am not disappointed.