G&L Tribute ASAT Special Electric Guitar(Blueburst Rosewood Fretboard) Sku #H88866000002001 G&L H88866 AAG Solid Body Electric Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Familiar body, bolt-on maple neck and Leo Fender-designed jumbo single-coil pickups.
The G&L ASAT Special just might be the quintessential G&L guitar, viewed by many as Leo’s ultimate single-cutaway. Back in 1985, Leo Fender launched this model under the G&L Broadcaster name, which prompted a response from Fred Gretsch of Gretsch Guitars over the name just as it had thirty-five years earlier. History buffs will recall that the Broadkaster name is owned by Gretsch, and once again, a Broadcaster from Leo was required to have its name changed. This time around, the name became "ASAT," which is US military shorthand for an "Anti-Satellite" missile.
The ASAT Special, as the model became known, features jumbo single-coil Magnetic Field Design pickups, each with a narrow bobbin aperture for a coil that is shallow yet wide. In this regard, an MFD jumbo single coil is similar to a P-90 or Jazzmaster pickup, yet the MFD principle provides a punchier bottom end and brighter top end sparkling with harmonics. Leo further departed with the past with the addition of his innovative Saddle-Lock bridge which transfers string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. The result is one of the most versatile guitars ever, serving up ballsy twang to searing blues to smooth jazz tones. What’s more, this ASAT Special is offered in either a traditionally G&L Swamp Ash body for maximum attack, or a mahogany body for that righteous ‘80s G&L blend of jumbo MFD power mellowed by the high porosity of mahogany. Two great ASAT flavors, yours for the picking.
Case sold separately.
- Swamp Ash body (Blueburst) or Mahogany (Tobacco Sunburst)
- Hard-Rock Maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard
- Leo Fender-designed jumbo G&L MFD single coils made in Fullerton, California
- 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone
- 18:1 ratio, sealed-back tuners
- Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock bridge
- Case sold separately
Once you play a G&L Tribute Series, you’ll never look back. Order today.
Tribute ASAT Special Electric Guitar Specifications:
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25-1/2"
- PICKUPS: Leo Fender-designed jumbo G&L MFD single coils made in Fullerton, California
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash (Blueburst) or Mahogany (Tobacco Sunburst)
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1-5/8"
- NECK RADIUS: 9"
- NECK PROFILE: medium C
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, nickel
- TUNING KEYS: 18:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock
- CONTROLS: 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone