G&L SC-2 Electric Guitar
Solid Body Electric Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A lightweight, comfortable feel that belies the power of Leo's MFD pickups.
Many consider the G&L ASAT Special to be the quintessential G&L guitar. The ASAT owes its birthright to the SC-2, the guitar that in 1983 introduced players to the magic of Leo Fender's Jumbo Magnetic Field Design (MFD) pickups. Like its early sister models, the SC-1 and SC-3, all SC guitars have a lightweight, comfortable feel that belies the power of Leo's MFD pickups. Just ask any fan of old-school G&Ls about an SC-2 and you'll hear that these are some of the best playing and sounding G&Ls ever made.
After an absence of more than two decades, the SC-2 rejoined the line and a few years later, provided the foundation for the Fallout, a guitar inspired by what Leo got so "right" with the SC models as well as early examples modded by the likes of Devo’s Mark and Bob Mothersbaugh and Band Of Susans’ Robert Poss.
Today's SC-2 maintains the original Leo Fender-designed SC-2 body shape, comfortable, sustain-rich G&L Saddle Lock bridge and easy-playing medium-C-shape neck with a 12” radius and medium-jumbo frets.
- Bolt-on construction
- 25-1/2" scale
- Leo Fender-designed Jumbo G&L MFD single coils
- Swamp Ash on Premier Finishes, Alder on Standard Finishes
- Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- G&L C-shaped neck with 12" radius and 1 5/8" nut-width
- 100% natural bone nut
- 22 medium jumbo frets, nickel, Plek dressed
- 12:1 ratio, sealed-back tuners
- G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles (Dual-Fulcrum Vibrato optional)
- 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone
Experience the genius of Leo's contribution to the guitar-playing world by ordering this SC-2 today.