G&L ASAT Special Electric Guitar
Solid Body Electric Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
The quintessential G&L guitar with P-90-style pickups.
The G&L ASAT Special just might be the quintessential G&L guitar, viewed by many as Leo's ultimate single-cutaway. Back in 1985, Leo Fender launched this model under the G&L Broadcaster name, which prompted a response from Fred Gretsch of Gretsch Guitars over the name just as it had 35 years earlier. History buffs will recall that the BroadkasterÂ® name is owned by Gretsch, and once again, a Broadcaster from Leo was required to have its name changed. This time around, the name became "ASAT" which is US military shorthand for an "Anti-Satellite" missile.
The ASAT Special, as the model became known, features jumbo single-coil Magnetic Field Designâ¢ pickups, each with a narrow bobbin aperture for a coil which is shallow yet wide. In this regard, an MFDâ¢ jumbo single coil is similar to a P-90 or JazzmasterÂ® pickup, yet the MFD principle provides a punchier bottom end and brighter top end sparkling with harmonics. Leo further departed with the past with the addition of his innovative Saddle-Lockâ¢ bridge which transfers string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. The result is one of the most versatile guitars ever, serving up ballsy twang to searing blues to smooth jazz tones.
- Bolt-on construction
- 25-1/2" scale
- Leo Fender-designed G&L MFD single coils
- Swamp Ash body on Premier Finishes, Alder on Standard Finishes
- Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- G&L C-shaped neck with 12" radius and 1 5/8" nut-width
- 100% natural bone nut
- 22 medium jumbo frets, nickel, Plek dressed
- 12:1 ratio, sealed-back tuners
- Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
- 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone
Experience the genius of Leo's contribution to the guitar-playing world. Order today.