G&L ASAT Classic 'S' Electric Guitar
Solid Body Electric Guitars
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A factory-modded version of Leo’s final word on the traditional single-cutaway bolt-on axe.
The G&L ASAT Classic 'S' is a factory-modded version of Leo’s final word on the traditional single-cutaway bolt-on axe. First created in 2004 by the G&L Custom Creations team, the ASAT Classic 'S' later joined the line as a standard model in 2008.
The basic idea for this kind of arrangement has been long established in the Nashville session player scene, where players often install a Strat® middle pickup in the middle position of a Telecaster® and swap the 3-position pickup selector with a 5-way unit.
Back in 2004, The G&L Custom Creations Department dediced to build an instrument similar to the formula adopted by the Nashville guys but with a distinctly G&L flavor with ASAT Classic MFD pickups in place of Alnico Tele pickups, and the S-500 MFD in place of the Strat pickup. The CCD team decided to ice the cake with a push/pull tone pot that functions the same way as the S-500's mini-toggle switch, enabling additional pickup combinations of neck+bridge or all three pickups together for a unique sonic depth that G&L players love.
The "S" designation comes from both internal designation for this instrument, due to its use of the S-500 middle pickup, and "Session" in homage to the origin of this guitar configuration.
- Bolt-on construction
- 25-1/2" scale
- Leo Fender-designed G&L MFD single coil pickups
- Alder body
- Hard-Rock Maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard
- G&L C-shaped neck with 12" radius and 1 5/8" nut-width
- 100% natural bone nut
- 22 medium jumbo frets, nickel, Plek dressed
- 12:1 ratio, sealed-back tuners
- Traditional boxed-steel bridge with individual brass saddles
- 5-position pickup selector, volume, tone with push/pull pickup expansion enabling neck+bridge or all 3 pickups together
Experience the genius of Leo's contribution to the guitar-playing world. Order today.