Gibson Skunk Baxter Firebird Electric GuitarProduct #J08422 Gibson J08422 AAG Solid Body Electric Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
An iconic guitar with Skunkified electronics.
With one of the most jaw-dropping resumes in music, Skunk Baxter knows about tone. After playing bass in Jimi Hendrix’s pre-Experience band, Baxter became a founding member of Steely Dan, then joined hit-makers the Doobie Brothers in 1974. He’s worked with Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart, Linda Ronstadt, Ringo Starr, and several others. His weapon of choice? A Gibson Firebird, of course—and with that kind of background, you just know that his Firebird is going to be something special.
The Skunk Baxter Firebird by Gibson USA is built in the tradition of the original “reverse-body” Firebird, with its distinctive looks and multi-piece “neck-through-body” construction for superior strength and sustain. However, a radically new set of Firebird Mini-humbuckers (designed by Jim DeCola), while the hottest mini-hums yet, retain the sweet, dynamic tone similar to that of Gibson’s original ’57 humbuckers. Route three of these powerful pickups through independent on/off and full/split-coil switching for an insane number of variations and combinations, and this is the most sonically versatile Firebird yet to take flight.
The high-quality Tune-o-matic bridge, Lyre vibrato tailpiece, and Steinberger gearless tuners deliver consistent performance on stage or in the studio—and when it come to looks, the high-gloss Copper Metallic finish, black plastics, white fingerboard binding, and pearloid block inlays make the Skunk Baxter Firebird a visual treat. Includes case.
- Mahogany body
- 9-ply neck-through construction
- Rosewood fretboard
- 3 mini-humbuckers with pickup switching system designed by Skunk Baxter
- Chrome Lyre tailpiece with Steinberger tuners
- Switching system allows for any pickup combination along with coil tap
- Includes hardshell case
Grab a killer-looking and super-versatile Firebird. Order today.
Skunk Baxter Firebird Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Top: Mahogany
- Body Type: Firebird
- Adhesive: Franklin Titebond 50 Body
- Species: Mahogany/Walnut
- Profile: .800 / .850 Firebird
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Adhesive: Franklin Titebond 50Neck
- Neck Fit
- Joint: Mortise & Tenon
- Adhesive: Franklin Titebond 50
- Joint Angle: Tolerance +/- .005"Neck Fit
- Species: Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Nut/E.O.B: 1.695/2.260
- Binding: White
- Inlays: Acrylic blockFingerboard
- Material: Corian
- Width: 1.695Nut
- Type: Firebird
- Truss Rod Cover: Black hot stamp gold "Gibson"
- Model: Steinbeger gearless
- Plating: Chrome
- Tuning Ratio: 40:1
- Type: Tune-O-Matic
- Material: Zamak
- Plating: ChromeBridge
- Type: Lyer TLPC
- Plating: ChromeTailpiece
- Knobs: Black top hat w/silver Tone & Volume inserts
- Pickguard: Black Firebird
- Control Plate: Cover Firebird style, solid black
- Trim Rings: Black Chrome
- Strings: .009 - .046, Genuine Gibson strings
- Strap Buttons: AluminumHardware
- Rhythm: Skunk Baxter (Alnico V)
- Middle: Skunk Baxter (Alnico V)
- Lead: Skunk Baxter (Alnico V)Pickups
- Potentiometers: 1 Volume Controls, 1 Tone Controls
- Type: 500K Non-Linear
- Pickguard Switch: (black) (3) pickup on/off switches
- Body Switch: (black) (3) pickup coil split switches
- Output Jack: 1/4" mono
- Copper Metallic
- Sealer: Nitrocellulose
- Process: 1-1.5 mils
- Type: Gibson Hardshell
- Exterior: Black w/Gibson Logo
- Additional Materials: Each Skunk Baxter Firebird comes with a Truss Rod Wrench, adjustment literature, and documentation for the guitar’s Limited Lifetime Warranty.