Gibson J-35 Acoustic-Electric Guitar
6 String Acoustic Guitars
- Write a Review
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
The modern equivalent of Gibson's historically celebrated original round-shoulder flat-top.
Introduced in 1936, the J-35 was Gibson's answer to a call for a quality, handcrafted guitar with unrivaled tone and an incredible price. The 2013 J-35 is the modern equivalent of that original round-shoulder flat-top with Gibson's historically celebrated, full-bodied acoustic tone.
Reborn for the same reasons that brought the original to the market, the J-35 is handcrafted with solid tonewoods and all the acclaimed skill of Gibson Acoustic’s luthiers of Bozeman, Montana. The spruce top and mahogany back and sides produce the warm, expressive tone sought after by renowned artists, acoustic connoisseurs, record producers and sound engineers.
The short-scale neck with dovetail neck-to-body joint, attached with traditional hot hide glue, provides for smooth tonal response and easy playing. An Antique Natural finish hand-sprayed with Gibson's signature nitrocellulose lacquer preserves the natural grain and lends a clean, modern look, while enhancing the guitar’s resonance.
A unique fire stripe pickguard, multi-ply top binding and soundhole rosette, and a Gibson script and banner logo make it easy to distinguish the J-35 in the family of round-shoulder dreadnoughts. Equipped with an L.R. Baggs Element pickup, the J-35 is a go-to favorite for vocal accompaniment on stage or in the studio. Includes case.
- 100% American-made quality Gibson handcrafted construction throughout
- Mahogany for a warm-balanced tone
- Short scale neck for easy playing
- Mother of Pearl dot inlay on fretboard & bridge
- L.R. Baggs Element pickup
- Includes case.
Get back to the future with this classic-looking and great-sounding dreadnought. Order today.
J-35 Acoustic-Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Body Type: J-45 Series
- Top: Sitka Spruce Top
- Back and Sides: Mahogany Back and Sides
- Binding: Multi-ply Top Binding, Single Ply Back Binding, Traditional Rosette
- Bracing: Scalloped Top Bracing
- Species: Mahogany
- Profile: Round
- Thickness: 1.725" at Nut
- Truss Rod: Single Action
- Neck Fit
- Joint Compound: Dovetail
- Construction: Joint at 14th Fret
- Adhesive: Hide Glue
- Species: Rosewood
- Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 24-3/4"
- Radius: 12" Radius
- Fret Wire: Gibson Acoustic Standard Fret Wire
- Inlays: 1/4" mother-of-pearl dot
- Adhesive: Premium Titebond
- Material: Tusq
- Width: 1.725"
- Type: Traditional AJ
- Angle: 17 Degrees
- Inlay: Gold Script and Banner Gibson Decal
- Truss Rod Cover: Black
- Tuning Keys
- Type: White Button Vintage Tuners
- Plating: Nickel
- Ratio: 15:1
- Type: Traditional Rectangle
- Material: Rosewood
- Pickguard: 40's Style Firestripe
- Strap Buttons: End Pin Jack
- Strings: .011" - .052" Gibson Light Guage
- Preamp: L.R. Baggs Element
- Sealer: Hand-Sprayed Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Antique: Natural
- Type: Gibson Standard Hardshell Case
- Case Exterior: Black Tolex
- Case Interior: Blue Fabric
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Gibson J-35 Acoustic-Electric Guitar:
Have had my "Gibby" J-35 for several weeks and am truly amazed. The sound, looks, workmanship are truly oustanding. Based on the Gibson 1936 Flat-top, my friends think it is so "Retro". As for price, I thought I was reading a mis-print. I immediately ordered this guitar and is my first true Boseman Montana instrument. Having picked for 45 years and a ton of guitars later, I'm one happy customer. You have to try it to believe it. It sells itself. Just wait for a bit as its shakes out as for all new guitars the sound just keeps getting better. Also, Gison throws in a case!
- Was this a gift?: