Gibson Hummingbird True Vintage VOS Acoustic GuitarProduct #527897 Gibson 527897 ABA 6 String Acoustic Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Captures the pastoral vibe and open horizons of the 1960s, along with a solid chunk of woody acoustic tone.
The Gibson Hummingbird True Vintage VOS Acoustic takes us back to the subtle glamour of the original 1960 guitar. Enhancements include split-parallelogram, mother-of-pearl fingerboard inlays; crown headstock inlay; and an elaborate 3-point tortoise pickguard with engraved hummingbird motif. This beauty wears a solid premium Sitka spruce top with special cherry burst finish that matches the finish on the first run of Hummingbird guitars. Built to the square shoulder dreadnought body styling that evolved out of the earlier, more rounded-shoulder profiles of guitars such as the J-35 and J-45, the Gibson Hummingbird is still a big-bodied flattop at 16 1/4"-wide across the lower bout. The Hummingbird carved a niche for itself as a particularly punchy yet smooth folk and rock-and-roll rhythm guitar as a result. The Hummingbird is the acoustic guitar that was used by the likes of Keith Richards, Marc Bolan, Sheryl Crow, John McLaughlin, and Jimmy Page. The Hummingbird captures a measure of the pastoral whimsy and brave new horizons of the 1960s—along with a solid chunk of woody acoustic tone.
- Vintage Original Spec aged finish
- Square shoulder dreadnought body
- Premium Sitka spruce top
- Mahogany back and sides
- Mahogany neck
- 25-1/2" scale
- Round neck profile
- Madagascar rosewood fingerboard
- Single-ply binding
- Mother-of-pearl parallelogram inlays
- Bone nut and saddle
- 1.725" nut
- Mother-of-pearl crown inlay on headstock
- Custom early 60s Dark Heritage Cherry VOS top and back Finish
- Madagascar rosewood bridge
- Mother-of-pearl dot bridge inlays
- White bridge pins
- Vintage Gold Keystone "Green Keys" tuners
- Tortoise Hummingbird pickguard hand-painted and casted in the original
- 1960s mold
Get a Hummingbird True Vintage before they're gone!
Hummingbird True Vintage VOS Acoustic Guitar Specifications:
- Body Style: Square Shoulder Dreadnought
- Top Species: Premium Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: Mahogany
- Body Binding: 6-ply top, 4-ply back
- Species: Mahogany
- Scale: 24-3/4"
- Profile: Round
- Species: Madagascar Rosewood
- Binding: single-ply
- Inlay: Mother-of-pearl Parallelograms
- Nut Width: 1.725
- Other Inlays: Mother-of-pearl Crown on Headstock
- Custom early '60s Dark Heritage Cherry VOS top and back finish
- Bridge: Madagascar Rosewood
- Bridge Inlay: Mother-of-pearl Dots
- Pins: White
- Tuners: Gold Keystone "Green Keys"
- Pickguard: Tortoise Hummingbird
- Period-correct bracing
- Case: Five-ply, made in America case with exacting vintage arching, accurate vintage liner, authentic replica nickel-plated latches, and accurate tan case covering. Provides maximum protection.
- Vintage original specification aged finish
- Nitrocellulose lacquer finish for beauty and tone
- Hand-fit, tapered dovetail joint to maximize sound vibration transfer from the neck to body
- Radius top to maximize sound projection
- Hand-scalloped top bracing for added strength and a light top
- Handcrafted in Bozeman, MT