Gibson Firebird X Electric GuitarProduct #H70184 Gibson H70184 AAG Solid Body Electric Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Very light, ultra comfortable, and fast playing limited-edition electric and electronic guitar.
The Firebird X guitar takes the guitar instrument to new heights of functionality and usability for the professional player and the aspiring enthusiast. Using technologies that did not exist even a few years ago, the enhancements touch every aspect of the instrument, from using improved manufacturing technologies to the latest electronics.
The Firebird X System
All capabilities must be simple to use - an extension of the way a guitar player thinks about his current guitar and rig. The design goal is to bring more creative options to the player while he or she is playing. Thus the user interface will become richer and simpler. Fundamental musical effects will now become available with a minimum of motion and disruption from playing the music. At the same time, the player will be able to see what is happening with the guitar environment very easily, again without disrupting his making music.
This guitar is evolved from a Gibson Firebird, evocative of a rich history, but with contemporary features. With its hand-applied and unique high-end wood finish, the Firebird X is not unlike a cross between a vintage sports car and a modern sports racer. It is beautiful, historical and yet contemporary and unique. With a limited run of just 1,800 units, it is sure to become a collector classic.
The Firebird X features Gibson's turbo-charged "Pure-Analog™" engine, which provides an arsenal of professional world class sounds and effects as well as professional analog sound. The engine is user-replaceable, and allows 3rd party developers to make new exciting use of the engine by allowing their software to run on the guitar's engine and a Gibson app store.
The heart of this high-performance beast is a high-performance multi-processor from Freescale. This is the same chip family used in ProTools systems, except this engine is the latest and greatest and overpowers older Pro Tools set-ups.
Pure-Analog™ engine features:
- User replaceable — built to new universal standards for form, factor and connectivity.
- Using our secret Pure-Analog™ sauce, gives the player professional analog sound.
- Firmware is user-upgradeable, allowing constant improvements and updates.
-m Provides an arsenal of professional, world-class sounds and effects.
- Allows 3rd party developers to make new, exciting use of the engine by allowing their software to run on the guitar's engine and a Gibson app store.
BEST IN CLASS ONBOARD EFFECTS—GOLDTONE FX™
GIbson's design goal was not to duplicate other effects, but to create unique, very analog-type tones with a lot of warmth that we call Goldtone FX™. The Firebird X comes with a variety of patches, many of which approach some sounds from famous gear rigs, but our patches have their own character. The patches are not aimed at eliminating outboard gear, although many players will be very satisfied with the huge creative range we allow.
The Firebird X guitar has two significant effects that have been made part of the instrument:
1 - Tube Distortion with Compressor and EQ
2 -Tape Effects (Modulation, Echoplex™, Reverb)
Usually tube distortion has a very characteristic harmonic quality, but it is very dependent on the rest of the gear being used. Even different amplifiers with the same tube circuits and tubes can sound very different. Because all processing takes place in the guitar, we can consistently achieve distortion exactly the way you want it, every time.
Our Goldtone FX captures the analog essence (tube mojo), but allows you to adjust the basic character of the distortion. With a three-way toggle switch, you can immediately dial up three aspects of distortion — compression, distortion and EQ — each controllable in real time with three sliders.
Computer Software Included
Firebird X comes with a powerful editor which will allow you to create patches and do sound design in your home or professional studio. Many more options will be available in a powerful yet intuitive software package. In addition, included is a full package of Guitar Rig 3 and Gibson Ableton Live.
GUITAR RIG 4 PRO is the ultimate all-in-one guitar and bass solution for perfect custom tone. The powerful and intuitive software comprises a vast array of amps, cabinets, mics and effects, recreated in stunning detail. The latest version includes three new amps, four new super-flexible effects and above all, the revolutionary Control Room for that "big bucks" studio tone.
ABLETON LIVE KEY FEATURES:
- Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz
- Nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
Powerful and creative MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
- Advanced warping and real-time time-stretching
- Supports AIFF, WAV, MP3, OggVorbis and FLACs
- A comprehensive selection of built-in audio and MIDI effects
- Built-in instruments: Simpler for sample-based synthesis, Impulse for sampled drums
- Instrument, Drum and Effect Racks
- New groove engine; apply and extract grooves in real time
- VST and AU support; automatic plug-in delay compensation
- REX file support plus built-in audio to MIDI slicing
- Video import and export for scoring, video warping
- Simple MIDI mapping plus instant mapping for selected hardware
- Full ReWire support; runs as Slave or Master
- Single-screen user interface for simple, creativity-focused operation
- Multicore and multiprocessor support
SPARE BATTERIES AND CHARGERS
The guitar, each pedal and the G-Node™ interface all use the same battery, for a total of four rechargeable batteries. They are the same batteries used in the Dusk Tiger product.
A total of 8 batteries total are included (one spare for each device) plus a four-battery charger with the system. The batteries are standard cell phone-type batteries available in many stores for a very modest price.
The case is light, very portable with straps, pockets, etc., and ultra-protective, allowing the guitar to be checked as baggage. It is like a gig bag with structured reinforcement. High-tech, shock-absorbing foam molds tightly around the instrument with a beautiful velour-like interior beautifully setting off the wood.
The exterior looks rich, showing the owner is both discriminating and willing to get the very best. Robust and light, this is an instrument that is ready for traveling in this very protective case.
- Ash body
- Nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- 1-piece maple neck
- FBX neck profile
- Brazilian marblewood fingerboard
- 23 frets
- Abalone inlays
- FBX Alnico II neck pickup
- FBX Ceramic middle pickup
- FBX Alnico V bridge pickup
- Master volume/master tone controls
- 5-way pickup selector
- Gear Shift™ knob - 11 position rotary knob
- Effects faders - Blue: modulation/reverb/echoplex; Red: compression/distortion/EQ; Silver: pickup programming/piezo/tuning
- Tune-O-Matic bridge with piezo Robot guitar pickup
- Robot stop bar tailpiece
- FBX molded back cover control plate with battery box
- Locking Neutrik® 1/4"/XLR stereo output jack
- Accesory pack: G-Node interface, Bluetooth number controller pedal, Bluetooth continuous pedal, stereo cable, pedal power cord, battery power converter, rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Ableton LIve 8 (version 8 PC/Mac)
Order the guitar that's a game-changer, the Firebird X.
Firebird X Electric Guitar Specifications:
- 24-3/4" scale
- 12" radius
- 1.695" nut width
- System Requirements:
- 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Windows XP or Windows Vista, Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), DVD-ROM drive, QuickTime recommended.
- 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended), DVD-ROM drive.