Gibson Firebird Non-Reverse with 3 Mini Humbuckers
(TV White Gold Hardware)
Solid Body Electric Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
A Gibson Custom guitar that combines the best features found in the Firebird models.
The original Gibson "Non-reverse" Firebirds were produced from 1966”1969 and featured a headstock with banjo styled tuners on the bass side, and a body having the bass side horn slightly longer than the treble side horn. This body style was less radical than earlier Firebird models and provided greater access to the neck, which had a fast slim-taper '60s profile giving this instrument extraordinary playability. The Gibson Firebird Non-Reverse has a 24½" scale body made of solid mahogany and a 1-piece mahogany neck with a 22-fret rosewood fingerboard. Other amenities include dot inlays, gold hardware, and an ABR-1 fixed bridge and stop tailpiece.
This model has electronics similar in style to the Firebird VII (originally introduced in 1963), and is fitted with 3 Gibson mini-humbucking pickups, which produce a clearer, brighter tone that sits between the sound of single coil pickups and full-sized humbuckers in the tonal spectrum. It also has a standard glued-in ("set") neck with a long tenon joint, rather than the original neck-through construction used in original reversed Firebirds.
- Body: Firebird "Non Reversed"
- Body Wood: Solid Mahogany
- Neck: 1-Piece Mahogany With Long Neck Tenon
- Scale Length: 24 3/4"
- Neck Profile: Firebird Rounded
- Fingerboard Wood: 22 Fret Rosewood
- Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Pickups: Three Mini-Humbuckers
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3-Way Switch
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuners: "Banjo" Style Mini-Kidney Bean
- Strings: Brite Wires .010-.046
- Case: Non-Reverse Firebird Case
- Extra: Certificate Of Authenticity
Own "the cream of the crop" of Firebirds.