Gibson ES-335 Studio Electric Guitar With Trapeze EbonyProduct #H98914 Gibson H98914 AAH Semi-Hollow and Hollow Body Electric Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Classic tones from a powerful new combination of features.
Ever since its introduction in 1958, Gibsonâs legendary ES-335 has been haled as one of the most versatile electric guitars ever produced, adept at everything from jazz, to country, to blues, to heavy rock. The new ES-335 Studio with trapeze, though, lives for one purpose: to rock your world like no other semi-hollow electric guitar ever.
While it retains the classic design elements and full build quality of the finest ES-335s, the ES-335 Studio from Gibsonâs Memphis division strips away anything superfluous to focus like a laser on cranking out bone-crunching rock tone. This guitar has the same instantly familiar thinline, double-cutaway body styling from Gibson guitars seen in the hands of Eric Clapton, B.B. King, Alvin Lee and countless others, but the f-holes are eliminated to create a sleek-looking top that is also more resistant to feedback.
The electronics have been pared down to a single, super-hot Dirty Fingers Plus humbucking pickup in the bridge position, along with a single volume and tone pot. Equally hot-rodded looks are assured by your choice of Ebony Black or Midnight Blue finish, both in genuine smooth-satin nitrocellulose lacquer, paired with black hardware, tortoiseshell truss rod cover and neck-joint cover, and a black Corian nut.
Body and Neck
The ES-335 Studio is constructed in the image of the original 335s of the late 1950s, with a semi-hollowbody made from laminated maple with a bound Grade-AAA top layer and a solid maple center block, but without the traditional f-holes. The result is the perfect marriage of the traditional archtopâs looks and sonic depth, with the solidbodyâs sustain and resistance to feedback. The neck is made from solid quarter-sawn mahogany, and topped with an unbound fingerboard made from baked maple, inlaid with simple pearloid dot position markers.
Pickups and Electronics
The ES-335 Studio is loaded with a single Dirty Fingers Plus humbucker, one of Gibsonâs hottest pickups. For unbridled crunch and wailing lead tones, all with singing sustain, this pickup was born to rock outâyet it boasts surprising clarity for mellower moments. A single volume and tone control keep it simple.
Hardware and Plastics
The ES-335 Studio carries Gibsonâs legendary tune-o-matic bridge with and trapeze tailpiece, as well as high-quality Grover Rotomatic tuners, all in black chrome. Thereâs no pickguard, but a tortoiseshell truss rod cover and neck-joint cover lend an alternative touch of class.
Case and coverage
Every ES-335 Studio comes protected in a high-quality black, padded gig bag with padded straps and the Gibson logo embroidered in white and includes a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Semi-hollowbody made from laminated maple
- Torrified Maple fingerboard with Pearloid dot inlays
- Dirty Fingers Plus Humbucking Pickup in the bridge position
- Black Chrome ABR-1 bridge and Trapeze Tailpiece
- Black Chrome Grover Rotomatics with 14:1 tuning ratio
- Includes padded gig bag
Cut to the chase with this special guitar. Order today.
ES-335 Studio Electric Guitar With Trapeze Specifications:
- Top: 3-ply - Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Body Type: Double Chamber, Semi-Hollow
- Back: 3-ply
- Species: Mahogany
- Truss Rod: Traditional
- Joint Angle: 4Â° (+/- 15 seconds)
- Neck Fit
- Joint: Mortise & Tenon
- Cover: Tortoise Shell Neck Joint Cover
- Joint Angle: Tolerance +/- .005"
- Species: Baked Maple
- Radius: 12"
- Nut/E.O.B: 1.687/2.062
- Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Binding: .040" Black
- Other: Standard Fret Wire/Black Plastic Side Dots
- Material: Black Corian
- Width: 1.687
- Slots: Gibson PLEK System
- Logo: Gold 'Gibson' Logo Decal
- Truss Rod Cover: Tortoise Shell Truss Rod Cover
- Angle: 17 Degrees
- Model: Grover Rotomatic
- Plating: Black Chrome
- Tuning Ratio: 14:01
- Type: Tune-O-Matic
- Material: Zinc Die-Cast Alloy
- Plating: Black Chrome
- Type: Stop Bar, Trapeze
- Plating: Black Chrome
- Knobs: Black Top Hats
- Pickup Mounting Rings: Black Plastic
- Strings: .010 - .046, Genuine Gibson strings
- Strap Buttons: Aluminum End Pins
- Bridge Position: Dirty Finger Plus (Alnico 2)
- Potentiometers: 1 Volume Control, 1 Tone Control
- Type: 500k Audio Taper
- Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft
- Sealer: Nitrocellulose Lacquer, Ebony, Midnight Blue
- Type: Gig Bag