Gibson Elvis Costello Century of Progress Signature Model Acoustic Guitar(Vintage Sunburst) Sku #516435000015000 Gibson 516435 ABA 6 String Acoustic Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
An authentic re-creation of the great songwriter's favorite instrument.
The Elvis Costello Century of Progress Signature acoustic guitar is fashioned after Costello's beloved 1936 model. It is a painstaking recreation of his favorite acoustic, used to record and perform many of the songs that made him the iconic musician that he is. Culling information from photos of Costello's treasured guitar and the original blueprints from the 1930s, Gibson Acoustics' team of master luthiers were able to successfully reproduce every attribute of Costello's prized acoustic guitar with flawless accuracy and immaculate attention to detail.
No feature was overlooked in the creation of the Elvis Costello Century of Progress acoustic guitar. From the figured eastern hard rock maple used for the back and sides to the Adirondack spruce used for the top and bracing, including vintage-style glue used to put it all together, the acoustic also offers a distinct peghead veneer and period-correct custom pearloid fingerboard, adorned by diamond inlays within Madagascar rosewood rectangle fingerboard markers. The neck is crafted from one solid piece of Honduran mahogany, and hand-sanded to form a pronounced "V" profile.
The Elvis Costello Century of Progress from Gibson Acoustic will be released in a very limited run of only 300 instruments, numbered from 001 to 300 with an exclusive black hardshell guitar case adorned with a special Elvis Costello/Gibson stamped commemorative plaque and certificate of authenticity. Each Gibson signature guitar's label will also be personally autographed by Costello.
- Body Style: L-00 Small Body
- Top Species: Adirondack spruce
- Back and Sides: hard rock eastern maple
- Body Binding: Single ply top and back
- Species: Honduran mahogany
- Fingerboard: Period-correct custom pearloid
- Scale: 24-3/4"
- Profile: 1936 V neck
- Species: Madagascar rosewood
- Inlay: Rosewood/mother-of-pearl diamond
- Nut Width: 1.760"
- Bridge: Madagascar rosewood
- Bridge Inlay: Mother-of-pearl Dots
- Pins: White
- Tuners: Exacting reproduction tuners custom made for each instrument.
- Pickguard: 1936 style Celluloid
- Other: Each soundhole label is personally autographed by Elvis. Each guitar comes with a Hardbound Certificate of Authenticity with Elvis Signature imprinted in Silver suitable for display.
A masterwork of a guitar bearing the signature of the great singer/songwriter. Order yours today.