Gibson Custom L-5 CES Electric Guitar(Vintage Sunburst) Sku #517483000015000 Gibson Custom 517483 AAH Semi-Hollow and Hollow Body Electric Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Tone and beauty for artistic performance!
The depth and mellowness of the Gibson L-5 CES is winning acclaim for this fine jazz guitar from the most discriminating artists. The tonal quality of the acoustic guitar and the advantages of an electric are combined in one instrument. Very few carved guitars are built each year because of the scarcity of the wood required and the handcrafting involved. The building of the L-5s is overseen by Jim Hutchins, a Gibson Builder since 1963. The process has remained relatively unchanged since the 1950s, including the hand-tuning of the top and back. Guitarists sing the praises of the comfortable vintage neck; the fast, easy action; and the rich beauty of the carved spruce top. Other features on the Gibson guitar include a figured, carved maple back with solid maple rims; a pearl inlaid ebony fingerboard; and beautiful multi white-black binding. With the creation of the L-5 in the 1920s, the modern archtop guitar was invented and it has set the standard for all carved guitars that have followed. (Click on "Private Reserve" at left to see more gorgeous pics.)
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
- Solid spruce top
- Solid maple sides and back
- Five-piece maple neck
- Binding: Body/neck/peghead/f-holes
- Hardware: Gold
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Tune-o-matic/24K gold
- Pickups: Two '57 Classic HBs
- Controls: Two volume, two tone, three-way switch
- Fingerboard: Ebony 20 fret/block inlays
- Scale length/nut width: 25-1/2"/1-11/16"
Sooner or later, your muse outgrows your 'fairly good" axe. Now you need a little more instrument to really stretch out. DO IT!
L-5 CES Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Binding: Multi-ply white and black on top and back
- Body: High grade maple back and sides. High grade Sitka spruce top
- Bridge/Tremolo: ABR-1 Bridge with ebony base and L5 tailpiece
- Case Included: Hardshell Custom Shop case with care kit and certificate of authenticity
- Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone, 3 way selector switch
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Frets: 20
- Inlays: Pearl block
- Machine Heads: Schaller M6 tuners
- Neck Material: High grade maple and walnut
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Pickups: 57' Classsics
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Weight: 7.88 lbs