Gibson Custom Custom 1959 Reissue Les Paul Electric GuitarProduct #H99176 Gibson Custom H99176 AAG Solid Body Electric Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
A custom-run finish on one of history's best guitars.
While all 1958-â60 Les Pauls are among the most saught-after electric guitars ever made, the â59 Burst is often considered among aficonados to be the crÃ¨me de la crÃ¨me of the range. They are also exceedingly rare, with only 635 guitars shipped that year. With sales of the Les Paul declining every year since 1953, the year after its release, Gibson decided in 1958 to update the look of the model with an elegant Cherry Sunburst finish. Guitars from that first year of the Burstâs production often had relatively plain maple tops, but through the course of 1959, Gibsonâs craftsmen built Les Pauls with tops that displayed more and more highly-figured grains, making these among the most collectible of the breed today. The 1959 Les Paul Reissue from Gibson Custom accurately recreates the glory of the original â59 Burst in every detail.
While the 1959 Les Paul Standard retained the classic ingredients of the breedâits solid mahogany body and carved maple top, both represented here in the 1959 Les Paul Reissueâthe guitar also evolved slightly from its specs of the previous year. Les Pauls made in 1959 also acquired a slightly thinner, though still comfortably rounded, neck profile, which many players consider the sweetest feeling neck shape of all time, along with a smaller neck heel. These are all represented with utmost accuracy in the 1959 Les Paul Reissue, while the guitar also benefits from Gibson Customâs 20th Anniversary Specifications, newly adopted for 2013. These include a one-piece rosewood fingerboard, Klusonâ¢ Deluxe machine heads, hot-hide glue neck fit, a Historic Truss Rod assembly with no tubing, accurate body and fingerboard binding color, new Custom Buckers created in the image of the original PAFs, and period-correct Aniline dye.
Gibson Customâs new Custom Bucker accurately recreates the original PAFs of the late â50s, using Alnico III magnets and unequal turns of 42 AWG wire in each coil for that characteristic PAF âbite.â These pickups clean up beautifully at the guitarâs volume controls, while Bumble Bee tone caps assist in that warm, singing âwoman toneâ when you roll back the tone controls. To top it all off, the 1959 Les Paul Reissue plays superbly right out of its Custom Shop hardshell case thanks to a trip through one of Gibsonâs state-of-the-art Plek machines before it leaves the Custom Shop floor.
Every guitar includes a Certificate of Authenticity, an ownerâs manual and adjustment literature.
- One-piece rosewood fingerboards
- Aniline DyeKlusonâ¢ Deluxe machine heads
- Hot Hide Glue Neck Fit
- Custom Buckers
- Historic Truss Rod Assembly (no tubing)
- Accurate body and fingerboard binding color
- Includes case
Great looks...killer tone. What more is there? Order today.
Custom 1959 Reissue Les Paul Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Top: Carved Maple Top
- Back: Solid, Non-Weight Relieved Mahogany Back
- Binding: Single-ply Cream Binding on Top
- Species: 1-piece Mahogany Neck with Long Neck Tenon
- Profile: Early '50s Rounded
- Truss Rod: Historic Truss Rod Assembly (No Tubing)
- Joint Angle: 4Â° (+/- 15 seconds)
- Adhesive: Franklin Titebond
- Neck Fit
- Joint: Mortise & Tenon
- Adhesive: Hide Glue
- Joint Angle: Tolerance +/- .005"
- Species: One-piece Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Binding: Single-ply Cream
- Inlays: Cellulose Trapezoid
- Nut/E.O.B: 1.687/2.062
- Material: Nylon
- Width: 1.687
- Slots: Gibson PLEK System
- Inlay: Holly Headstock Veneer w/ Pearl logo
- Truss Rod Cover: Vintage Black and White
- Angle: 17 Degrees
- Potentiometers: 2 Volume Controls, 2 Tone Controls
- Capacitors: Bumblebee
- Toggle Switch: Three-Way with Amber Toggle Cap
- Output Jack: Traditional Â¼"
- Model: Klusonâ¢ Deluxe
- Tuning Ratio: 12:01
- Plating: Nickel
- Type: ABR-1 bridge
- Plating: Nickel
- Type: Lightweight Aluminum Stopbar Tailpiece
- Plating: Nickel
- Knobs: Gold Top Hats with Dial Pointers
- Toggle Switch: Washer Cream with Gold Silkscreen
- Pickup Mounting Rings: Cream
- Control Plate Cover: Black
- Strings: .010 - .046
- Strap Buttons: Aluminum
- Neck Position: Custom Bucker
- Bridge Position: Custom Bucker
- Sealer: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Treatment: Period-Correct Aniline Dye
- Type: Custom Shop Hardshell