Gibson Custom Alex Lifeson 40th Anniversary R40 Les Paul Axcess Quilt
Signature Model Electric Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A signature model with commemorative features.
In celebration of Rush's 40th Anniversary, Gibson Custom presents the Limited Edition Alex Lifeson R40 Les Paul Axcess offered in a run of 200 guitars with 5A quilt maple tops in a lush Ruby Red R40 finish. It also features a Limited Edition "Starman" R40 die-cast medallion covering the rhythm/treble switch access cavity.
Created through extensive work with Alex Lifeson himself, the Gibson Custom Alex Lifeson 40th Anniversary Les Paul Axcess Quilt similarly redefines the boundaries of the classic Les Paul: packed in a single remarkable instrument, this guitar carries all of the traditional tones that have made the Les Paul legendary, along with unprecedented levels of sonic and performance versatility.
In addition to its traditional Les Paul tonewoods, the Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess carries two high-output humbucking pickups with series/parallel wiring options via its push-pull volume controls, and a Floyd Rose licensed unit that not only provides the world's most efficient vibrato system, but is also loaded with Graph Tech Ghost piezo bridge saddles.
Access traditional Gibson magnetic humbucker tones, mix it up with fat and funky series/parallel options, tap the Ghost's realistic acoustic tones, or blend acoustic and magnetic voices - the sky's the limit from this sonic chameleon, whose sound-shifting depths are virtually limitless. What' more, you can route it all through a traditional mono jack (labeled "Regular") using a single guitar cable, or use two cables to split your sonic trickery off into separate output paths using the "Regular" and the "Life-O-Sound" output jacks together.
All this, and the Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess still presents that timeless Les Paul look that has remained a classic for more than 50 years. Hardshell case included.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Maple 5A quilted
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Rounded axcess profile
- Neck wood: Mahogany 1-piece
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Material: Rosewood bound
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Trapezoid
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: 496R
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: 498T
- Brand: Gibson
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Switchable
- Piezo: Yes
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Push/pull volume controls, Dual outputs
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, volume 3, master tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Graphtech Ghost piezo system-equipped Floyd Rose
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Kluson deluxe
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups, Signature model
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Certificate of authenticity
- Country of origin: United States
Only a limited number of these are available worldwide. Order yours.