Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Sunburst Reissue Electric GuitarProduct #583991 Gibson Custom 583991 AAG Solid Body Electric Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
A faithful reissue of the guitar that changed the sound of rock.
The Gibson 1958 Les Paul Sunburst Reissue Electric Guitar serves up seriously scorching output delivered through dual BurstBucker pickups. The guitar's electronics include the original CTS pots and bumblebee capacitors for a signal path that's truly vintage. Tone and Volume controls, and a 3-way pickup selector switch give you complete command of your sound.
The Gibson Custom Shop 1958 Les Paul Sunburst Reissue boasts a carved plain maple top with an orange teaburst finish, solid mahogany back and sides, and single-ply cream binding on the top. The rounded-profile neck is one-piece mahogany with the original-style truss rod. The rosewood fingerboard is finished with 22 frets, vintage trapezoid inlays, and single-ply cream binding.
The reissue Gibson Custom Les Paul Sunburst sports a golden orange teaburst that evokes both a hallowed tradition and the promise of a creative future. In 1958, Gibson decided to remake the Les Paul Goldtop with a new sunburst finish, a process they had been applying to guitars for many years. Although it wouldn't become officially known as a Sunburst until 1960, to its adoring public the guitar was known as "The 'Burst."
To protect your investment in quality, the sunburst 1958 Les Paul Reissue guitar comes complete with a Gibson Custom Shop case and a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Mahogany body
- Carved maple top
- Orange teaburst finish
- Set-in mahogany neck
- Rosewood fretboard
- C-shaped neck profile
- 22 frets
- 1-11/16" nut width
- 12" fretboard radius
- Burstbucker 1 and 2 humbucker pickups
- 2 volume, 2 tone controls
- 3-way toggle pickup selector
- Tune-O-Matic bridge
- Kluson keystone tuners
- Lacquer finish
- Nickel hardware
1958 Les Paul Sunburst Reissue Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Top: carved plain maple
- Back wood: solid mahogany
- Binding: single-ply cream on top
- Neck construction: one-piece mahogany with original-style truss rod route
- Fingerboard: 22-fret rosewood
- Inlays: vintage trapezoid (accurate shape and color)
- Binding: single-ply cream
- Profile: early '50s rounded
- Scale length: 24-3/4"
- Nut width: 1-11/16"
- Strings: Vintage Reissue .010-.046
- Pickups: BurstBucker 1 (rhythm), BurstBucker 2 (treble)
- Other: CTS pots and bumblebee caps
- Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way switch
- Hardware color: nickel
- Bridge/tailpiece: ABR-1/aluminum stopbar
- Thin, original-style toggleswitch washer and jackplate
- Tuner style: Vintage tulip
- Accessories: Custom Shop case, Certificate of Authenticity