Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard Plain Top VOS Electric Guitar Faded TobaccoProduct #517980 Gibson Custom 517980 AAG Solid Body Electric Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
As close to an original '58 as you can get.
The 1958 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plain Top VOS guitar begins with a solid mahogany back and carved plain maple top. The one-piece mahogany neck is topped with a gorgeous rosewood fretboard that's adorned with acrylic trapezoid inlays with shape and color true to the original. Early '50s rounded neck profile delivers the vintage feel players love. BurstBucker 1 and 2 pickups deliver famous vintage Les Paul tone.
In an effort to jump start the steadily declining sales of the Les Paul model, Gibson abandoned the familiar gold finish and used a translucent, cherry sunburst finish which showed off the figured maple tops that were often used on Les Pauls. The renamed Les Paul Standard made its debut in 1958.
Vintage Original Spec series instruments receive a special nitro-cellulose finish treatment yielding the patina of a gently-aged vintage guitar while handcrafting enhances comfort and playability. Each VOS model has a solid mahogany back; historically accurate long-neck tenon for strength and sustain; and period-correct neck profile, hardware, and electronics.
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
Body and Hardware:
- Carved plain maple top
- Solid mahogany back
- Single-ply cream binding on top
- Thin toggle switch washer and jack plate
- Nickel hardware
- ABR-1 bridge, lightweight aluminum stopbar
Neck and Headstock:
- 1-piece mahogany neck with long neck tenon
- 22-fret rosewood fingerboard
- Acrylic trapezoid inlays (accurate shape and color)
- Single-ply cream binding
- Early '50s rounded neck profile
- 24-3/4" scale length
- 1-11/16" nut width
- Holly headstock veneer
- Vintage tulip tuners
Electronics and Strings:
- BurstBucker 1 (R) and 2 (T) pickups
- CTS pots and bumble bee capacitors
- 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way selector switch
Crafted with precision to be the most historically accurate representation of the real thing. Order now.
1958 Les Paul Standard Plain Top VOS Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Binding: Single-ply cream binding on top
- Body: Solid mahogany back with carved maple top
- Bridge: ABR-1 bridge with aluminum stopbar tailpiece
- Case Included : Custom Shop case
- Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way switch
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Frets: 22
- Inlay: Acrylic trapezoid inlays (accurate shape and color)
- Machine Heads : Vintage tulip tuners
- Neck Joint: Long neck tenon
- Neck Material: 1-piece mahogany
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Pickups: BurstBucker 1 (R) and 2 (T) pickups
- Scale: 24 3/4"
- Weight: 8.55 lbs
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard Plain Top VOS Electric Guitar:
Where can one possibly begin? Gibson has produced another Reissue Winner. From the BurstBucker Pickups to the '50's neck profile what a pleasure of an instrument to play. The Historic Line is one of the best if not the best Gibsons to roll out of Nashville TN. Pick one up & play it through a tube amp & be prepared to be vaulted back to the early dawn of Rock 'N Roll. You surely will not be disappointed in the least