Gibson Custom 1956 Les Paul Goldtop VOS Electric Guitar Antique GoldProduct #517977 Gibson Custom 517977 AAG Solid Body Electric Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
A custom-shop re-creation of the 1956 Paul
1956 was a big year for the Les Paul Goldtop. It was the first year that the Les Paul wore the Tune-O-Matic bridge bridge (aka ABR-1). This bridge design represented a major advance in functionality. It anchored the strings more solidly improving sustain, had adjustable saddles for better intonation, and thumbwheels allowed it to be raised or lowered for preferred action. It was in many ways the first modern Les Paul.
Like all VOS (Vintage Original Spec) series instruments., the 1956 Les Paul Goldtop VOS is handcraftedfor comfort and playability in the Gibson Custom Shop. The construction, neck profile, hardware, and electronics are period accurate, and a special nitro-cellulose finish treatment gives it the patina of a gently-aged vintage guitar. Includes Gibson Custom Shop case and a certificate of authenticity.
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
- Carved maple top
- Solid, non-weight relieved mahogany back
- Single-ply cream binding
- Thin toggleswitch washer and jackplate
- Antique gold finish
- Nickel hardware
- ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece
- 1-piece mahogany neck with long tenon
- 22-fret rosewood finger board
- Acrylic trapezoid inlays (accurate shape and color)
- Single-ply cream binding
- Early '50s rounded neck profile
- 24-3/4" scale
- 1-11/16 nut width
- Holly headstock veneer
- Vintage tulip tuners
- P-90 single coil pickups
- CTS pots and bumble bee capacitors
- 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way selector
It changed life as we know it in 1956 and you can live it all again with this beautiful vintage recreation. Order today.
1956 Les Paul Goldtop VOS Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Binding: Single-ply cream on top, neck and headstock
- Body: Mahogany
- Bridge/Tremolo: Tune-o-matic with stop tailpiece
- Case Included: Yes
- Controls: Two volume, two tone
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Frets: 22
- Inlays: Acrylic trapezoid
- Machine Heads: Vintage "tulip" tuners
- Neck Joint: Neck-Thru-Body
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: '50s rounded profile
- Nut Width: 1.69"
- Pickguard: Cream
- Pickup Type: 2 Single Coil
- Pickups: Two P-90 single coil
- Scale: 24 3/4"
- Top Wood: Maple
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Gibson Custom 1956 Les Paul Goldtop VOS Electric Guitar:
This guitar looks like it's been stored in the closet or under a bed for more than 40 years. It has a few of Gibson's aging tricks along with all the vintage style hardware and finish. It sounds and plays great. I feel it's worth every penney I paid. It has been added to my stable of 10 Les Pauls and two SG's. It's one of my favorite axes and gets a really unique sound with a good bite to it. I highly recommend it. Get one for yourself and enjoy.