Gibson 1960 Les Paul Standard VOS Electric Guitar Faded TobaccoProduct #517985 Gibson 517985 AAG Solid Body Electric Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
As close to the original as you can get.
In 1960 Gibson's Les Paul Standard still had the carved flamed maple top, sunburst finish, and "Patent Applied For" pickups of its predecessors, but a slim-tapered neck was added for a decidedly different feel. These final adjustments failed to save the Standard, however, and after 1960 the single cutaway Les Paul was replaced by the thin-bodied double-cutaway SG.
This fabulous reissue captures the original line in its last days of glory. From bumble bee caps and CTS pots to the long neck tenon and gentle VOS aging, it looks, plays, and sounds so real only the geekiest of geeks would be able to tell it from an original.
Vintage Original Spec series instruments receive a special nitro-cellulose finish treatment yielding the patina of a gently-aged vintage guitar while handcrafting enhances comfort and playability. Each VOS model has a solid mahogany back; historically accurate long-neck tenon for strength and sustain; and period-correct neck profile, hardware, and electronics.
- Carved flamed maple top
- Solid, non-weight relieved mahogany back
- Mahogany neck with long tenon
- 22-fret rosewood fingerboard
- Burstbucker 1 and 2 pickups
- Holly headstock veneer
- 1960s slim taper neck profile
- Acrylic trapezoid inlays
- Vintage Original Spec aging treatment
- Nickel hardware
- Bumblebee caps
- CTS pots
- Green tulip tuners
- 24-3/4" scale
- 1-11/16" nut width
Order now. We won't tell anybody it's not original.
1960 Les Paul Standard VOS Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Binding: Single-ply cream on top, neck, and headstock
- Body: Mahogany
- Bridge/Tremolo: ABR-1, lightweight aluminum stopbar
- Case Included: Yes
- Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way selector
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Frets: 22
- Inlays: Acryllic trapezoids
- Machine Heads: Vintage tulip tuners
- Neck Joint: Set Neck
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1.69"
- Pickguard: Cream
- Pickup Type: 2 Humbuckers(Neck/Bridge), 1 Single-Coil Pickup(Mid)
- Pickups: BurstBucker 1 (R) and 2 (T) pickups
- Scale: 24 3/4"