Gibson 1952 ES-295 Electric Guitar(Bullion Gold) Sku #H98906000001000 Gibson H98906 AAH Semi-Hollow and Hollow Body Electric Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Legendary looks and tone in a stunning reissue.
Long before rock’n’roll changed the world, Gibson’s original ES-295 was laying down the licks that would form the foundation of the greatest musical revolution ever known. Thanks to its stunning gold finish with custom pickguard and two hot, raw P-90 pickups, the ES-295 had both the looks and the sound to appeal to a radical new breed of players—most notably the legendary Scotty Moore, who backed Elvis Presley on those revolutionary early Sun recording sessions and live shows. The guitar became a true rockabilly icon, and now Gibson Memphis has captured its essence perfectly in the form of the 1952 ES-295, an astounding rebirth of the original in look, feel, and tone.
Finished in Bullion Gold and treated to Gibson’s proprietary VOS process for a gently aged look, the 1952 ES-295 screams rock’n’roll style, but it also doubles as a smooth jazz performer, a country twanger, or a blues belter when required. Its body pays tribute to the legendary ES-175, although the trapeze bridge with wraparound bar that debuted on the ES-295 lends the weight and sustain required for hot-rockin’ tones. A vintage-cream-bound top, back, and fingerboard, period-correct pickguard with floral graphic, gold speed knobs, and split-parallelogram inlays lend elegance to the look—and Gibson’s accurate recreations of the legendary P-90 single coil take it all roaring home. Get your rockabilly rolling in grand style: play the 1952 ES-295 now at your authorized Gibson Memphis dealer.
Body and neck
The 1952 ES-295 has a fully hollowbody constructed in the ES-175 style, with laminated maple top, back, and solid maple sides with traditional f-holes and a pointed Florentine cutaway. The arched top is supported with historic spruce braces. It has a glued-in maple neck with bound dark rosewood fingerboard inlaid with aged cellulose split-parallelogram position markers, and the headstock is inlaid with the traditional mother-of-pearl crown.
Pickups and electronics
Nothing but a pair of Gibson’s period-correct recreations of the original “dog ear” P-90 pickups will do for a rockin’ rebel like the 1952 ES-295. That hot, gnarly, yet versatile fat-single-coil tone has been embraced by countless guitarists since it first hit the scene in the late ’40s, and is arguably the rock’n’roll tone of all time. Made with two Alnico 5 bar magnets in each pickup and vintage-spec coils scatter-wound with 42 AWG wire, these pickups capture every purr, snarl and roar you could want from the 1952 ES-295. The standard four-knob control section of two independent volume and tone controls and a three-way Switchcraft™ toggle switch complete the electronics.
Hardware and plastics
The 1952 ES-295 carries a period-correct recreation of the Bale tailpiece with wraparound bar saddle that debuted on the original ES-295, a component known for its solidity and sustain. Kluson™ single-ring tuners with butterscotch tulip buttons enhance the vintage look up top. Gold speed knobs, a traditional bell truss-rod cover, and a clear pickguard back-painted with period-correct floral graphic complete the picture.
Case and coverage
Every 1952 ES-295 comes protected in an historic hardshell case with tan exterior and plush pink lining and includes a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Full Hollowbody made from laminated maple
- Rosewood fingerboard with aged cellulose split-parallelogram inlays
- “Dog ear” P-90 pickups in the neck and bridge positions
- Period-correct trapeze bridge with wraparound bar saddle
- Kluson single-ring tuners and butterscotch tulip buttons with 15:1 tuning ratio
Strap on an icon. Order today.
1952 ES-295 Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Body Type: Fully Hollow
- Top: 3ply - Maple/Poplar/Maple, Hot Pressed
- Back: 3ply - Maple/Poplar/Maple, Hot Pressed
- Binding: Tan colored ABS on top and back
- Species: Mahogany Neck with Maple Spline
- Truss Rod: Traditional
- Joint Angle: 4° (+/- 15 seconds)
- Adhesive: Franklin Titebond 50
- Neck Fit
- Joint: Mortise & Tenon
- Adhesive: Franklin Titebond 50
- Joint Angle: Tolerance +/- .005"
- Species: Hand-selected Dark Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Nut/E.O.B: 1.704/2.112
- Inlays: Aged-Cellouse Plastic Split Parallelogram
- Binding: .04, Cream
- Other: Standard Fret Wire/Tortoiseshell Side Dots
- Material: Nylon
- Width: 1.704
- Slots: Gibson PLEK System
- Logo: Mother of Pearl 'Gibson' Logo
- Inlay: Traditional Mother of Pearl
- Truss Rod Cover: Vintage Truss Rod Cover
- Angle: 17 Degrees
- Model: Kluson® Single Ring with Butterscotch Keystone Buttons
- Plating: Nickel
- Tuning Ratio: 15:01
- Type: Trapeze Bridge with Wraparound Bar Saddle
- Material: Nickle
- Knobs: Gold Speed Knobs with Dial Pointers
- Pickguard: Clear with Historic Flowers
- Strings: .012 - .056, Genuine Gibson Strings
- Strap Buttons: Plastic End Pins
- Neck Position: “Dog Ear” P-90 (Alnico II)
- Bridge Position: “Dog Ear” P-90 (Alnico II)
- Potentiometers: 2 Volume Controls, 2 Tone Controls
- Capacitors: Bumblebee
- Type: 500k Audio Taper
- Coil Wiring: Parallel-Machine Wound
- Toggle Switch: Switchcraft Toggle with Vintage Cap
- Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft Jack
- Sealer: Nitrocellulose Lacquer Vintage Burst
- Type: Gibson Memphis Historic Hardshell
- Case: Exterior Historic Tan
- Case: Interior Historic Pink Liner