- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Fun to play, with vintage styling and cool surfer vibe!
Cowabunga! Grab your board shorts and your Sonoran acoustic guitar and head on down to Laguna to play some tunes and ride the waves. This California Series dreadnought beauty from Fender will have you admiring its cool Strat® guitar headstock, soft C-shaped maple neck and hip checkerboard binding 'til the sun comes down! Other cool features on the Sonoran S guitar include the solid spruce top, a vintage-inspired pickguard design, rosewood fingerboard and scalloped bracing. Perfect for Fender enthusiasts, fans of vintage-style guitars, players who want a different look and vibe and anyone who wants to ride the wave of Fender's rich musical history and SoCal lifestyle.
- Model Name: Sonoran S
- Model Number: 096-8022-021
- Series: California Series
- Body Style: Single Cutaway Fender Style Dreadnought
- Finish: (021) Natural
- Finish: Gloss (polyurethane)
- Top: Solid Spruce
- Bracing: Scalloped X bracing
- Back and Sides: Laminated Mahogany
- Neck: Maple vintage "C" shape
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- No. of Frets: 20
- Bridge: Rosewood with Compensated Saddle
- Machine Heads: Vintage Fender Style with White Plastic Buttons
- Electronics: none
- Scale Length: 25.3" (643mm)
- Body Depth: 3.75" (Front), 4.75" (Rear)
- Width at Nut: 1-5/8" (41mm)
- Width at Heel: 2-1/8" (54mm)
- Unique Features:
- Fender® Stratocaster® Headstock Shape, Fender Tight Dreadnought Body Shape, Traditional Fender Bridge, Factory Mounted Forward Strap Button with Internal Block Reinforcement, White Dot Inlays, Checkerboard Rosette, Soft "C" Shaped Neck, Multiple Body Bindings, Gold Pickguard.
- Strings: D'Addario® EXP-12 Phosphor Bronze, Gauges .012 to .053
- Accessories: None
- Introduced: 1/2008
A solid-top beauty with oceanic sound. Order today.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Fender Sonoran S Acoustic Guitar:
This is a fine guitar for the money. Neck is fairly fast for an acoustic, with good setup, action, intonation straight from the factory. Acoustic tone is bright, yet sufficient in depth. The built-in tuner is a bonus, though I've worn down a few 9v batteries forgetting to turn the tuner off. The Fender's tone quality is not exactly a match for a Martin, but then again Martin's entry level guitar is substantially more expensive. I gave this guitar an "8" because it represents good value within its price range. I don't think it would be fair to compare it directly to price-is-no-object acoustics, but in that larger world of acoustics - including pricey ones - I'd rate it a "6": very serviceable, and certainly above average. Recommended.