Fender Pawn Shop '72 Electric GuitarProduct #H72863 Fender H72863 AAH Semi-Hollow and Hollow Body Electric Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
A semi-hollow Strat body with Tele neck and humbuckers? Sure why not?
The new Pawn Shop series instruments draw inspiration from strange and storied pawn shop finds of the 1960s and ’70s, and emerge as all-new Fender guitars with a bold element of eccentricity—guitars that never were but could have been.
The Pawn Shop Fender ’72 has a semi-hollow Stratocaster® body with an f-hole, a Telecaster® style neck, two humbucking pickups, and dual-knob chrome control plate with master volume and pickup blend-a creative alchemy of diverse Fender
Features include a rosewood fretboard with modern 9.5” radius and 6105 frets, a Fender Wide Range humbucking neck pickup and Fender Enforcer™ humbucking bridge pickup, ’70s-style hard-tail Stratocaster bridge, ’70s-style Fender “F” tuners, mint green pickguard, bullet truss rod, three-bolt neck attachment and deluxe gig bag.
- Series: Pawn Shop Series
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Tele Style
- Neck Finish: Polyester
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
- Frets: 21
- Position Inlays: Vintage Cream
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Nut Width: 1.650” (42 mm)
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Truss Rod: Bullet Style Truss Rod
- Pickups: Enforcer™ Humbucking Pickup (Bridge)
- Wide Range Humbucking Pickup (Neck)
- Controls: Master Volume, Blend Control (Center Detent)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Fender® 70s Style "F" Tuners
- Bridge: 70's-Style Hard-Tail Stratocaster Bridge
- Strap Buttons: Vintage Style Strap Buttons
- Pickguard: Mint Green/Black/Mint Green
- Strings: Fender® USA Super 250L's, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Telecaster Neck, Hardtail Bridge, Double Humbucker Configuration,
- "F" Tuners, Rotary Blend Control with Center Detent, 2-Knob
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Fender Pawn Shop '72 Electric Guitar:
Had guitar shipped in a hardshell case, I feel it ships safer in a case. Have concerns about guitars shipped in cold weather, just let it set for a while and then open the package, crack the case lid for an hour or so, and then open all the way and let it continue to warm up. You can see the quality of the Japanese guitars over other imports right away. Everything looked great. No sharp fret edges, nice finish, action was good, but I may lower it a little. Had to do a little intonation adjustment, but just on the low E and A strings. This even will very from string set changes, even using the same gauges. I do miss the tone control, but with a little amp adjustment, one can get used to it. I do like the total transition one can get with the rotary knob. It covers all the combinations one can get betewwn the pups. That's kind of revolutionary. The f, or s-hole is purly cosmetic, as it doesn't go much beyond the f-hole. I have two Strats and a Tele, and this one will get a lot of play. Don't get the Pawn Shop 72 confused with a Strat, it does have a different tone. You really can't get that typical Strat sound, especiallly the one with the selector switch set in the second to last treble position on a regular Strat..That one to me was always the most typical Strat sound. I would certainly play this guitar without a backup, but I will always carry a Strat and the Tele. Don't be afraid, and go for it. Oh, by the way, I have played for 55 years.