- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
The return of a fabled and seldom-heard Fender name from the 1960s.
Throughout its history, Fender has always made a special point of welcoming new players to the family by offering entry-level instruments of remarkable style and substance (such as the Duo-Sonic, Mustang and Musicmaster models), with great sound, classic looks, solid performance and eminent affordability. The Modern Player series continues that great my-first-Fender tradition, with thoroughly modern features and several distinctively unconventional new takes on Fender's most-revered instruments—all with outstandingly attainable value.
In addition to heralding the return of a fabled and seldom-heard Fender name from the 1960s, the Modern Player Marauder is one of the most distinctive new guitars in the family, uniquely marked by a new body style, Modern Player Jazzmaster neck pickup and volcanic-sounding three-coil Fender Triplebucker bridge pickup. Other features include a koto body, C-shaped maple neck, rosewood fretboard with 22 jumbo frets, 5-way pickup switching with lower horn blade selector switch, 4-ply aged white pearloid pickguard, Jazz Bass-style control knobs, vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge, vintage-style tuners and nickel/chrome hardware.
- Series: Modern Player
- Body Material: Koto
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, "C" Shape
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1cm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8cm)
- Nut Width: 1.650” (42mm)
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Pickups: Fender Triplebucker Pickup (Bridge)
- Modern Player Jazzmaster Pickup (Neck)
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Bridge: Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Control Knobs: Jazz Bass Knobs
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
Call or click to order the Modern Player Marauder.