A lean, mean, and stripped-down version of the classic Fender model.
Throughout its history, Fender has always made a special point of welcoming new players to the family by offering entry-level instruments of remarkable style and substance (such as the Duo-Sonic, Mustang and Musicmaster models), with great sound, classic looks, solid performance and eminent affordability. The Modern Player Series continues that great "my-first-Fender" tradition with thoroughly modern features and several distinctively unconventional new takes on Fender's most revered instruments—all with outstandingly attainable value.
The Modern Player Jaguar is a lean, mean and stripped-down version of the classic Fender model, with a full-throated pair of single-coil Modern Player MP-90 pickups on a sans-pickguard mahogany body. Other features include a C-shaped maple neck, rosewood fretboard with 9.5” radius and 21 medium jumbo frets, 3-way toggle pickup switching, Jazz Bass-style control knobs, vintage-style Adjusto-Matic bridge with anchored tailpiece, vintage-style tuners and nickel/chrome hardware.
- Series: Modern Player
- Body Shape: Jaguar
- Body: Mahogany
- Body Finish: (516) gloss polyester, (538,539) open pore satin polyester
- Neck: Maple, "C" shape, gloss polyester finish
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1cm)
- Frets: 21, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 24"
- Nut Width: 1.650” (42mm)
- String Nut: Synthetic bone
- Pickups: Modern Player MP-90 Pickup (Bridge)
- Modern Player MP-90 Pickup (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Bridge: Vintage Style Adjusto-Matic bridge with anchored tailpiece
- Control Knobs: Jazz Bass knobs
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
Call or click to order the Modern Player Jaguar.