A unique sonic chisel for a renowned tone sculptor.
Specialized features of the Fender Johnny Marr Jaguar Electric Guitar include custom-wound, Bare Knuckle Johnny Marr single-coil neck and bridge pickups; custom-shaped maple neck with rosewood fingerboard based on Marr’s 1965 Jaguar; vintage-style truss rod; lacquer finish; and Marr’s signature on the front of the headstock.
The 4-position blade-style pickup switch is mounted to the lower-horn chrome plate (bridge; bridge and neck in parallel; neck, bridge, and neck in series) while 2 upper-horn slide switches control pickup brightness. Other distinctive features include a Jaguar bridge with Mustang saddles and nylon bridge post inserts for improved stability; vintage-style, floating tremolo tailpiece with chrome cover; and “taller” tremolo arm with arm-sleeve nylon insert to prevent arm swing.
Marr is best known, of course, as the strikingly dynamic and influential anti-hero guitarist-arranger-allaround-musical-wunderkind behind Manchester quartet the Smiths, which virtually redefined and ruled U.K. pop throughout the 1980s. A master of melody, layering, and texture, Marr has always brought his own instantly identifiable ringing, jangling genius to the proceedings, as he has done in post-Smiths stints with The The, Electronic, the Pretenders and Johnny Marr and the Healers, and right up to the present with Modest Mouse, the Cribs and innumerable guest appearances. Includes case.
- Series: Artist
- Body: Custom offset Alder, Lacquer Finish
- Neck: Maple, Lacquer Finish
- Neck Shape: Custom Neck Shape based on Johnny's '65 Jaguar®
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius: 7.25" (18.41 cm)
- Frets: 22, Vintage Style Frets
- Scale Length: 24" (61 cm)
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Truss Rod: Original Vintage Style
- Pickups: Custom Wound Bare Knuckle® Johnny Marr Bridge Pickup
- Custom Wound Bare Knuckle® Johnny Marr Neck Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 4-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and
- Neck Pickups (In Parallel), Position 3. Neck Pickup, Position 4.
- Neck and Bridge Pickups (In Series)
- Aux Switching: 2 Slide-Switches: Universal Bright Switch; Bright Switch for Blade
- Position 4
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Bridge: Jaguar® Bridge with Mustang Saddles and Vintage Style "Floating"
- Tremolo Tailpiece with trem arm that stays in place
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White/Black/White
- Strings: Fender® USA Super 250R, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Incl. Accessories: Strap, cable, set of flatwound strings
- Unique Features: Custom Wound Pickups, Artist Signature on front of headstock, Nylon Bridge Post Inserts for improved stability; Nylon Insert in Trem Arm Sleeve to prevent arm swing, "Taller" Trem Arm
- Includes case
Call or click right away to order the Johnny Marr Jaguar.