Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition 1959 Jim Campilongo Telecaster NOS Electric GuitarProduct #423813 Fender Custom Shop 423813 AAO Signature Model Electric Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
A classic Fender Telecaster reissue with unique tone and superior playability!
Noted guitarist Jim Campilongo and Mike Eldred of the Fender Custom Shop have worked together to create an instrument based on Campilongo's worn-out original 1959 Telecaster. The 1959 Jim Campilongo Telecaster NOS electric guitar has been designed to retain all the character of that classic guitar, but also have improved playability and tone. Only 50 of the Jim Campilongo signature guitars will be released.
This outstanding reproduction is fitted with a "top-loaded" bridge with the strings routed through the bridge. This a rare historic alternative to the classic string-thru-body Telecaster design allows faster string changes and offers a more consistent tonal balance. Early Fender Telecasters also had lips for holding the "ash tray" metal bridge cover. The Fender Jim Campilongo Telecaster has a flat "lip-less" bridge plate that is more comfortable on the right hand and makes picking easier.
The Fender '59 "Campy" Telecaster NOS features pickups that are custom wound to Jim Campilongo's specifications. Over a year in the making, these pickups are powerful, full-bodied and warm, but retain a classic vintage Telecaster voice with slightly more bass. One that is less shrill than traditional Telecaster guitars. In Jim's own words "They sound fantastic". These pickups are exclusive to the 1959 Jim Campilongo signature Telecaster and will not be offered separately.
A lightly finished neck has a unique profile facilitates Jim Campilongo's renowned string bending technique. A deeper cut on the guitar headstock behind the nut also allows for pedal steel style bending effects.
The Fender Jim Campilongo guitar comes standard in a thin see-through vintage blonde nitrocellulose finish, the exact color of Jim's original '59, with a white pickguard. This thin finish adds increased resonance and sustain.
Includes a hardshell guitar case, strap, cable and certificate of authenticity.
This incredible signature Telecaster guitar has been given Fender Custom shop "New Old Stock" (NOS) treatment. The Fender guitar was built using the original tooling and production techniques of its original era. It is as if this '59 Telecaster had been discovered in a warehouse after many years during which it was never played, and bearing little or no signs of age or wear.
- Model: 1959 Jim Campilongo Telecaster NOS
- Model number: 923-6999-950
- Color: vintage blonde
- Body wood: lightweight ash
- Body finish: Thin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck: maple
- Nut: bone
- Fingerboard: maple
- Frets: jumbo
- Pickups: 2 special single-coil wound to Jim Campilongo's speciifications
- Controls: master volume, master tone, 3-way
- Bridge: "top-loaded" lipless Telecaster bridge with 3 saddles
- Machine heads: Fender vintage style tuning machines
- Hardware: nickel/chrome
- Pickguard: single ply white
- Accessories: strap, cable, and certificate of authenticity
- Case: hardshell
- Unique features:
- Neck and pickups made to Jim Campilongo's specifications
- "top-loading" lip-less Telecaster bridge with 3 saddles
- Thin nitro finish
- A Custom Shop "New Old Stock" (NOS) edition
- Only 50 of this model will be produced
Don't miss out on this rare dream Telecaster.
Limited Edition 1959 Jim Campilongo Telecaster NOS Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Pickup switching: 3-position blade
- Position 1. bridge pickup
- Position 2. bridge and neck
- Position 3. neck pickup