Fender Custom Shop Custom Shop David Gilmour Signature Stratocaster Electric GuitarProduct #500519 Fender Custom Shop 500519 AAG Solid Body Electric Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Beautiful, powerful, unique, and as idiosyncratic as Gilmour's playing.
The David Gilmour Signature Series Stratocaster Guitar from the Fender Custom Shop has an alder body, black or black over three-color sunburst finish, a black pickguard, a one-piece straight-grain maple neck, custom pickups, and Gilmour's now-famous electronics and shortened vintage tremolo arm.
A cornerstone of Pink Floyd's incomparably revolutionary sound, Gilmour's Black Strat is featured extensively on The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall and his critically acclaimed 2006 solo effort, On An Island. The Fender Custom Shop worked hand-in-hand with Gilmour and his longtime guitar technician, Phil Taylor, to create this signature model instrument, a detailed reproduction of the Black Strat-complete in its unmistakable look, sound, and feel.
The David Gilmour Signature Strat comes with a custom Fender guitar case, an Evidence high-end guitar cable, Gilmour's three-disc Live in Gdansk CD/DVD set, and Phil Taylor's 2007 book about the guitar's history, The Black Strat.
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
- Body: Alder
- Finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck: one-piece maple, reissue C-shaped, .790" to .870" taper
- Fingerboard: Maple, 7.25" radius
- Frets: 21, vintage
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut: 1.675"
- Hardware: Vintage
- Tuning Keys: Vintage
- Bridge: Vintage Stratocaster with Custom shortened vintage tremelo arm
- Pickguard: .120" one-ply black acrylic pickguard (exclusive to Gilmour model)
- Neck: Custom Hand-Wound Fat '50s Strat
- Middle: Custom Wound Strat
- Bridge: Seymour Duncan SSL-5
- Pickup Switching: Startocaster five-way switch with two-way toggle that adds activates
- neck pickup to the middle and bridge positions
- Controls: Standard Stratocaster
- Volume, Tone, Tone arrangement
- Strings: GHS David Gilmour Signature Set
- Incuded Accessories:
- Case: Special center pocket black tolex case with crushed
- green lining, "David Gilmour" embroidered on interior
- Accessories: Evidence Audio guitar cable
- Unique Features: Special three-beveled vintage tremolo block, custom
- shortened vintage tremolo arm. Two-way toggle activates
- neck pickup in the middle and bridge positions.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Fender Custom Shop Custom Shop David Gilmour Signature Stratocaster Electric Guitar:
The Gilmour strat is one of the best brand new strats that money can buy. The attention to detail is amazing, and the fit and finish is absolutely flawless. I can't imagine a better made instrument. The combinitaion of unique features and classic strat sound is excellent - sure, it's designed for those looking to emulate the tones of David Gilmour, but there's no reason you couldn't play any other music a strat is suited to. The pickups are quite nice, but be warned - they are much hotter than you might expect. All the better to push the front end of a Hiwatt. One warning to potential purchasers, though: If you don't like smaller necks, stay away (or at least try one first). I have always enjoyed a larger neck, and it was a shock to me to find out how small this neck really is. Be prepared, that's all. If you just want an excellent strat to play out, you might want to look at other custom shop offerings or just buy your own - the price will be much lower. If you're a true Floyd fan, though, or play in a tribute act like I do you will want to get the best... And this is it.