- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
A full-sounding guitar with a solid spruce top, flame maple back & sides, and Fishman electronics.
Fender's big, full CJ-290SCE jumbo cutaway is now available in a richly jangling 12-string model, the CJ-290SCE-12 Jumbo Flame Maple, so named for the double number of its strings and its gorgeous flame maple back and sides. It delivers a huge sound with tons of bottom end and remarkable balance and projection. Premium features include a solid spruce top with quartersawn scalloped X bracing, tortoise shell pickguard and abalone rosette, Ivoroid binding, maple neck with dual-action truss rod, 20-fret rosewood fingerboard with smaller (3 mm) dot inlays, compensated rosewood bridge with bone saddle and abalone-dot black pins, gold hardware, factory-mounted forward strap button with internal block reinforcement, and Fishman® preamp/pickup system with built-in tuner.
- 12-string Jumbo body style
- Solid spruce top
- Laminated flame maple back & sides
- Quartersawn scalloped X bracing
- Tortoiseshell pickguard and abalone rosette
- Ivoroid binding
- Maple neck with dual-action truss rod
- 20-fret rosewood fingerboard
- Compensated rosewood bridge with bone saddle
- Gold hardware
Make your sound bigger and better with this elegant jumbo from Fender. Order today.
CJ290SCE-12 Flame Maple Jumbo 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Body: Solid Spruce Top, Laminated Flame Maple back and sides
- Body Shape: Jumbo Cutaway
- Body Back: Laminated Flame Maple
- Body Sides: Laminated Flame Maple
- Body Top: Solid Spruce
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Bracing: Quartersawn Scalloped X
- Rosette: Fender® Abalone Design
- Body Binding: Multiple Body Bindings
- Number of Frets: 20
- Position Inlays: 3 mm Dot Position Markers
- Fretboard Radius: 11.81" (300mm)
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Nut Width: 1.89" (48 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.3" (64.3 cm)
- Special Electronics: Fishman® Presys™ Pickup System with Active On-Board Pre-Amp and Tuner
- Controls: Volume, Integrated Electronic Tuner with On/Off Switch, Bass, Mid, Treble, Phase, Low Battery Indicator Light
- Hardware: Gold
- Bridge: Rosewood with Bone Compensated Saddle
- String Nut: Bone
- Strings: Fender® Dura-Tone® Coated 80/20 Bronze (.012-.052 Gauge)
- Unique Features: Dual Action Truss Rod, Tortoise Shell Pickguard, Quartersawn Scalloped X Bracing, Compensated Bone Saddle, MOP Inlaid Headstock Logo, Traditional Fender Bridge, Factory Mounted Forward Strap Button with Internal Block Reinforcement, 3mm Dot Position Inlays, Abalone Rosette and Ivoroid Binding
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- beautiful guitar
- Excellent action
- Good price
- Good Solid Body
- Great Sound Plugged
- Great Sound Unplugged
- Did not come with a case
Comments about Fender CJ290SCE-12 Flame Maple Jumbo 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar:
Previous to purchasing the CJ290SCE-12, I was not a big fan of Fender acoustic guitars. Well, that changed about a month ago when I visited a local music store and saw the Fender 12-string hanging on the wall. I pulled it down and played the guitar for quite awhile. I must say, I was truly impressed with the feel, action, and sound. I put it back up the wall without any consideration for purchasing the guitar.
Afterwards, I returned home and began to play my 12-string that I purchased about five-years ago. It was costly, but always liked the sound of it. Well, after playing my 12-string for awhile, I kept comparing the sound of this dreadnought with the Fender Jumbo at the music store. Within fifteen minutes, I came to the conclusion the Fender was a better sounding guitar with better action as well as a beauty.
I returned to the music store a few weeks later and adopted the Fender into the family of several other acoustic guitars that I already own. In conclusion, if you're looking for a great sounding, good feel, and beautiful 12-string, you can't go wrong with the CJ290SCE-12. A great buy and and a buy you will not regret.
- Was this a gift?: