Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster HS Electric Guitar
Solid Body Electric Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
The most affordable humbucking pickup-equipped Jazzmaster ever made.
The Blacktop Jazzmaster HS delivers monster dual-bucker tone without breaking the bank. A vintage-style Duncan-Designed alnico humbucking pickup delivers the hot high-gain power of today's most aggressive sounds while the Duncan-Designed single-coil supplies the bite and twang; other distinctive touches include skirted black amp knobs, and one lean and mean three-way toggle switch rather than the customary barrage of Jazzmaster controls, Features include an alder body, maple neck, 9.5"-radius rosewood fretboard, 21 medium jumbo frets, gloss urethane finish and nickel/chrome hardware.
- Series: Blacktop
- Body shape: Jazzmaster
- Body material: alder
- Colors: (500) 3-Color Sunburst, (506) Black
- Neck: maple
- Neck finish: gloss urethane
- Fretboard: rosewood
- Position inlays: white dots
- String nut: synthetic bone
- Bridge pickup: 1 Duncan Designed Humbucking Pickup
- Neck pickup: 1 Duncan Designed Single-Coil Jazzmaster Pickup
- Pickup switching: 3-Position toggle: Position 1. Full bridge pickupPosition 2. Full neck & bridge pickupsPosition 3. Full neck pickup
- Controls: master volume, master tone
- Hardware: nickel/chrome
- Tuning keys: standard cast/sealed tuning machines
- Bridge: American Vintage Jazzmaster Tremolo with Adusto-Matic Bridge
- Strap buttons: vintage style
- Control knobs: skirted amp knobs
- Pickguard: 3-ply black (500 3-Color Sunburst), or mint green (506 Sonic Black)
- Strings: Super 250L's, NPS (.009-.042 gauges)
- Included accessories: truss rod adjustment wrench
A Jazzmaster for today's rocker!
Blacktop Jazzmaster HS Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Scale length: 25.5" (610 mm)
Nut width: 1.65" (42mm)
Fretboard radius: 9.5" (241)
Frets: 21, medium jumbo
Truss rod nut: 3/16" adjustable hex nut
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster HS Electric Guitar:
For what you get, this is one of the most fair priced guitars out there. The neck is lovely, very comfortable though I'd of preferred more traditional Jazzmaster headstock graphics. The guitar is comfortable to wear and play, it's not terribly heavy and is balanced well. The trem system is typical, although missing the claimed trem-lock. Fit and finish is typical and glossy, I quite liked the burst which is odd because I don't often go for burtsts at all.
The neck pickup is a dream... everything a jazzy neck should be. It almost glistens. The bridge is a fairly typical sounding bucker... decent with a bit of grit rolled into it. I found the single coil buzz was still quite prominent in the both-pickups position, which was annoying but easily correctable I'd think.
It's a player, and maybe to some a looker. But for the cost you get your moneys worth. It's sonically dynamic and very playable... a very good buy in my eyes.