Made for chicken pickin' and slick slidin'.
The Fender James Burton Telecaster pays homage to the famed Nashville guitarist whose studio contributions figure in some of the biggest records of all time. The basswood body is fitted with three special pickups designed to James Burton's specifications and its unique five-way Strat-o-Tele switching plus the S-1 switch gives you seven pickup configurations. The U-shaped '60s maple neck has a maple fingerboard, gold-plated deluxe tuners with pearl or black chrome buttons, and vintage-style frets. The string-thru-body, hardtail bridge delivers lots of resonant sustain. Includes case.
5-Position Strat-o-Tele switching with S-1:
Position 1. Bridge Pickup
Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup in parallel (series w/ S-1 down)
Position 3. Bridge and Neck Pickup in parallel
Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup in parallel (series w/ S-1 down)
Position 5. Neck Pickup
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Basswood
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: '60s U
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.65" (42mm)
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: Specially Designed James Burton
- Middle: Specially Designed James Burton
- Bridge: Specially Designed James Burton
- Brand: Fender
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: S-1 switching
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 6-saddle string through body
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Deluxe sealed
- Color: Gold
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Signature model
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Strap, cable
- Country of origin: United States
Grab this versatile signature model. Order today.
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Fender Artist Series James Burton Telecaster Electric Guitar:
Tried one of these out at a local music store it feels like a highend fender should and plays flawlessly its a different sound for fender though must be the poplar body.An excellent guitar for the money but unfortunately I'm still a strat man.