- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
A completely dialed-in vintage Strat!
The best of old and new Fender craftsmanship creates a fantastic guitar built for the serious player! Fender starts with a Vintage American '62 Stratocaster and adds a list of sought-after Custom Shop upgrades: top-of-the-line thin-skin nitrocellulose lacquer finish; larger, vintage C-shape neck profile with satin-finish back, 9.5" fingerboard radius, medium-jumbo frets; a reverse-wound, reverse-phase middle pickup for noise-canceling; and the second tone control is wired to bridge pickup. The rest is true-blue '62 Strat: comfort-contoured alder body, Fender/Gotoh vintage-style tuners, mint green pickguard, and chrome hardware.
The U.S. Vintage Hot Rod Series from Fender offers new instruments with the looks, specs, and features that make them feel as if you were the third owner of a vintage instrument. Here's your chance to own that beautiful player's guitar but in brand new shape and freshly set-up from the Fender factory!
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
- Thin-skin nitrocellulose finish
- Comfort-contoured alder body
- Maple neck
- Vintage C-shape profile with satin finish on back
- Rosewood fingerboard
- 9.5" fingerboard radius
- 21 medium-jumbo frets
- 25.5" scale length
- Nut width: 1.650"
- Chrome hardware
- Fender/Gotoh vintage-style tuners
- American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- 3-ply mint green pickguard
- 3 American Vintage Strat single-coil pickups with reverse-wound/reverse-phase middle pickup
- 5-position blade pickup switch
- Master volume control
- Tone 1 (neck pickup)
- Tone 2 (bridge pickup)
- Setup with Fender Super 250R Nickel Plated Steel strings (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046)
These subtle mods will stand out loud and proud when you plug this baby in and start to wail. Order now!
American Vintage Hot Rod '62 Stratocaster Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Body: Comfort Contoured Alder
- Neck: Maple
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups: 3 American Vintage Strat Single-Coil Pickups with Reverse Wound/Reverse Polarity Middle Pickup and Aged Covers
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Machine Heads: Fender/Gotoh Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Hardware: Chrome
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Fender American Vintage Hot Rod '62 Stratocaster Electric Guitar:
Okay, so the guitar is beautiful and awesome and truly sounds great. However, I returned it because I have small hands and this neck is really fat. So, if you have small hands, make sure you actually try and play this guitar before you buy it!!!