Fender American Vintage '72 Telecaster Custom Electric Guitar
(3-Color Sunburst Maple Fretboard)
Solid Body Electric Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
The '72 Tele takes on a humbucker for the first time.
Fender’s American Vintage ’72 Telecaster Custom guitar authentically evokes a historic member of the Telecaster family. Period-correct early-’70s details include a three-bolt neck plate with Micro-Tilt™ adjustment, bullet truss rod nut and vintage-style “F” tuners; with touches including a Fender Wide Range humbucking neck pickup redesigned and re-voiced to sound even more like a 1970s pickup.
Features include a solid ash body with gloss lacquer finish, C-shaped maple neck with gloss lacquer finish, maple fingerboard with 7.25” radius and 21 vintage-style frets, American Vintage single-coil Telecaster bridge pickup, three-position switch with aged white tip; three-ply black-white-black pickguard; vintage-style three-saddle strings-through-body Telecaster bridge; skirted amp control knobs, and chrome hardware. Accessories include black Tolex case, polish cloth, 8’ cable, strap, bridge cover and six-saddle replacement bridge. Available in Black and Three-color Sunburst.
- Model Name: American Vintage '72 Telecaster® Custom
- Series: American Vintage
- Body: Ash
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage Style Frets
- Position Inlays: Black dot position Inlays
- Fretboard Radius: 7.25" (18.41 cm)
- Fretboard: Maple
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss lacquer
- Nut Width: 1.650” (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Plate: 3-Bolt Neck Plate with Micro-Tilt™ Neck Adjustment
- Truss Rods: Bullet Style Truss Rod
- Pickup Configuration: S/H
- Bridge Pickup: American Vintage Tele® Single-Coil Bridge Pickup
- Neck Pickup: Fender® "Wide Range" Humbucking Neck Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Vintage Style 3-Saddle Strings-Thru-Body Tele® Bridge
- Tuning Machines: Vintage "F" Style Tuning Machines
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Switch Tip: Aged White Switch Tip
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Improved/Revoiced Wide Range Humbucking Pickup, 3-Bolt Neck Plate with Micro-Tilt™ Adjustment, "Bullet" Truss Rod Nut, "F" Style Tuning Machines
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Included Accessories: Polish Cloth, 8' Cable, Strap, Bridge Cover, Six-Saddle Bridge
Order now and get the Tele that broke new ground with a humbucker.