Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster Electric Guitar BlackProduct #584386 Fender 584386 AAG Solid Body Electric Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
USA-made HSS Strat with high-end features at a modest price.
The Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster is features an alder body with gloss urethane finish, a 9.5" radius maple neck with a modern C profile, and a rosewood fingerboard fitted with 22 jumbo frets. You'll get lots of gain and tones galore from Texas Special middle and neck pickups, and an Atomic humbucking bridge pickup while the Greasebucket tone circuit rolls off the highs without adding bass. Other details on this electric guitar include a vintage-style synchronized tremolo, black pickup covers and pickguard, chrome hardware, and a large '70s-style headstock and decal. A polishing cloth and gig bag come with your Fender American Special Strat.
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
- Model name: American Special HSS Stratocaster
- Finish: Gloss urethane
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Maple, modern C shape
- Fingerboard: Rosewood,
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5 (241mm)
- No. of frets: 22 jumbo frets
- Bridge: Vintage-style synchronized tremolo
- Machine heads: Fender standard cast/sealed tuning machines
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-ply black/white/black
- Scale length: 25-1/2" (648mm)
- Width at nut: 1.6875" (43mm)
- 1 Atomic humbucking pickup (bridge),
- 1 Texas Special Strat pickup (middle),
- 1 Texas Special Strat pickup (neck)
- Controls: Master volume, tone 1. (neck pickup), tone 2. (bridge pickup)
- Strings: Fender USA, nickel-plated steel (.009, .011, .016, .024w, .032, .042)
- Accessories: Polishing cloth
- Includes deluxe gig bag
- Unique features:
- Large '70s-style headstock
- Large '70s-style decal
- black pickup covers and plastic parts
- White dot position inlays
- Pickup switching: 5-position blade:
- position 1. bridge pickup
- position 2. bridge and middle pickup
- position 3. middle pickup
- position 4. middle and neck pickup
- position 5. neck pickup
Order an affordable USA-made Fender Stratocaster today!
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster Electric Guitar:
This was the first guitar I purchased after not playing since about 1973. I like to play old rock and roll style music. The fit and finish is excellent, considerably better than the Epiphone LP. It is easy to play, the neck is comfortable. I like the pickups, quite a variety of sound from them. The bridge Atomic humbucking pickup is my favorite setting. I like the Machine heads; they change the tone when tuning at a fast enough rate to satisfy me. I have a Bonamassa Les Paul with 14 to one tuners which I really do not like. (I like the Les Paul a lot though). The weight of the Stratocaster is very light and comfortable to play compared to the LP. The LP strains my neck with a 3 inch strap. I did not like the 009 strings that it came with the Strat. When playing chords in the middle of the neck, they were too easy to move (bend). I changed them to 010s. I thought the bag it came with was useless for my purpose; I bought a Road Runner case which I like much better. I like the string spacing, again easy and comfortable to play. I am a pure hobbyist; I play only for my own enjoyment usually to a Walkman plugged into my HotRod Deluxe. One last comment, I bought mine gently used, it was and still is in excellent condition. I worried about buying it that way. I called before buying and asked about it. I was told it could be returned if I was not happy. Call me very happy. Thanks for listening and I hope I helped your decision process.