Fender celebrates 50 years of the iconic Jaguar.
Fender's 50th Anniversary Jaguar guitar takes you back to 1962, when they introduced an unusual new guitar that paired the sleek Jazzmaster® body style and elaborate control layout with a shorter scale and smaller, brighter pickups with more output. The resulting Jaguar was the fourth and last of Fender' original lineup of standard electric guitars. Perfectly matched to the early-™60s renaissance in design modernism, the Jaguar gradually acquired a fascinating pedigree quite unlike that of any other Fender guitar. A chromed-out, surf-rock staple of the 1960s, it found new life from the mid-1970s-on as a subversively offbeat alternative axe wielded by punk, post-punk, grunge and alt-indie guitar heroes and anti-heroes alike.
The U.S.-built 50th Anniversary Jaguar celebrates that vivid history and combines old and new into the finest of all Jaguar guitars. Highly distinctive features include the classic 24 scale length, a new one-degree neck-angle-pocket cut that improves pitch, a re-positioned tremolo plate that increases bridge break angle and sustain, and specially designed hot Jaguar single-coil neck and bridge pickups that deliver fatter tone and more output (once again framed by the model' classic notched metal œclaws; a hum-reducing innovation only found on the Jaguar). Accessories include a deluxe brown case, strap, cable and a set of flatwound strings.
- Alder body
- 24" Scale maple neck, bound rosewood fretboard, 9.5" radius, 22 medium jumbo frets
- Special Design Hot Jaguar® Single-Coil bridge pickup
- Special Design Hot Jaguar® Single-Coil neck pickup
- Pickup Switching: 2-On/Off slide switches, one for each pickup
- Controls: Lead Circuit: Volume, Tone. "Rhythm" Circuit: Volume, Tone
- Special Electronics: 2-Position Tone Switch
- Vintage Style Floating Tremolo with tremolo lock button
Own a piece of rock 'n' roll history and order this limited anniversary Jaguar today.