Ernie Ball Music Man Ball Family Reserve John Petrucci 6 Electric Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man
Solid Body Electric Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
An exciting signature model that lets you instantly go from incredibly heavy electric guitar to sweet acoustic sounds without having to switch guitars.
The Music Man John Petrucci Ball Family Reserve BFR 6 electric guitar from Music Man was designed in conjunction with the world-renowned Dream Theater guitarist. This exciting signature guitar features an alder body with a bookmatched maple top with a mahogany tone block from under the bridge to the neck pocket. A select maple neck has an adjustable truss rod and 5-bolt mounting for perfect alignment and stability. The John Petrucci BFR 6 guitar's sculpted neck joint allows access to upper frets and a 24-fret rosewood fingerboard has wide, high-profile frets and Custom John Petrucci Shield position markers and a mother-of-pearl BFR inlay at 12th fret. The Ball Family Reserve BFR 6 is loaded with Schaller locking tuners and a custom John Petrucci tremolo.
The John Petrucci guitar gives you all incredibly heavy electric guitar tones, but also gives you the option of great sounding acoustic guitar tones. DiMarzio LiquiFire neck and Crunch Lab bridge humbuckers deliver the extended lows and stinging treble tones that Petrucci uses. A standard 3-way toggle lets you select neck, bridge, or both pickups. A push/pull tone control gives you the option of having all 4 coils on or just the 2 middle coils. A second toggle (on the upper bout) lets you select the standard magnetic pickups or the Piezo acoustic pickup, or both! The under-the-bridge Piezo electric pickup lets you instantly go from rockin' electric guitar tones to sweet acoustic sounds without having to switch guitars. A separate volume knob controls the piezo pickup. Dual jacks give you the choice of running output either magnetic/stereo, or piezo/mono, or both. The Music Man LTD John Petrucci signature guitar comes in a hardshell case.
The Ball family is the last of a dying breed, a family business making guitars and basses exclusively in the United States. Ball Family Reserve is a celebration of their heritage in instrument craftsmanship that features some of the finest figured tone woods and finishes available. These rare heritage pieces are offered in limited runs and makes available to the public instruments that were previously reserved for the Ball family and their loyal artists.
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
- Model: John Petrucci BFR 6 Guitar with Piezo
- Body wood: alder with bookmatched maple top and mahogany tone block.
- Body finish: high gloss polyester
- Bridge: Custom John Petrucci Music Man Piezo floating tremolo of chrome plated, hardened steel with solid steel saddles
- Neck wood: mahogany
- Fingerboard: rosewood
- Fret Markers: Custom John Petrucci Shields and mother-of-pearl BFR inlay at 12th fret
- Neck Finish: gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Color: All black neck with black headstock
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking with pearl buttons
- Truss Rod: adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic shielding: graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined control cover
- Controls: 500kohm volume and tone - .022 F tone capacitor
- Switching: 3-way toggle pickup selector, with custom center position configuration; 3-way toggle piezo/magnetic selector
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio LiquiFire,
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio Crunch Lab
- Strings: 10p-13p-17p-26w-36w-46w (RPS Slinkys #2240)
Order a signature guitar that covers all musical bases!
Ball Family Reserve John Petrucci 6 Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Size: 12-3/8" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 37" long (31.8 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 94.0 cm long)
Weight: 8 lbs, 7 oz (3.83 kg) - varies slightly
Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
Neck Radius: 15" (38.1 cm)
Headstock Size: only 5-7/8" (14.9 cm) long
Frets: 24 - high profile, wide
Neck width: 1-11/16" (43.0 mm) at nut, 2-1/4" (57.2 mm) at last fret